Recovery

*Room 118 of Rampart Hospital, Los Angeles, California*

"Mr. Fetzer?" a young female voice sounds from the other side of my eyelids. "Mr. Fetzer?"

I flutter my eyes open to see a tall and slim young woman standing next to my bed. A rather attractive one that is: early twenties, long red hair, bright blue eyes, small nose and cute thin lips. She's wearing a white nurses outfit and her red hair is locked behind her ear. In her hand is a clipboard and a pen.

With a soft smile, she continues, "Mr. Fetzer, it is time to take some more pain medication". The TV on the far wall is tuned quietly to Fox News.

I force a painful smile and reply, "How-" and I cough to clear my raspy voice, "how many times do I have to say to just call me, Bert?"

She blushes slightly and lays the clipboard by my leg, covered in a walking boot. But she doesn't reply back.

"Come on Vicky, open up a bit" I suggest as she open a container of huge nasty pills. "Do I have to?" I ask.

"If you wanna continue bearing the pain of: a broken left tibula, fractured left fibula, four cracked left ribs, a concussion and a massive and deep laceration on your left tricep" she reports and hands me two pills. I take them reluctantly and swallow them dry.

"You know that gash isn't the only thing that's massive on my arm?" I ask raising one eye brow.

"Hum?" she nonchalantly replies and holding a four ounce cup of water to me. I ignore the cup and flex my right arm: the large forearm, bicep and tricep bulge out against the tight skin showing every texture of the muscle. I'm not wearing a shirt.

"Eh?" I ask. She just rolls her eyes and sets the cup on the beside tray.

"Eh" Victoria scoffs and smiles down at me.

"Oh come on!" I pout playfully. "Give me a chance?"

"I can't have any relations with the patients. It's hospital policy. Besides, you are high on medication and don't want this..." she says as she turns to walk back out the door.

"Wait!" I exclaim and grab her wrist to turn her back around. I quickly let go, "'Don't want this'? Vicky baby, you are unbelievably sweet, kind and gorgeous. How the hell can you say that I don't want that?"

"I'm just a RN and you are..." she starts but trails off to a whisper.

"What?" I ask.

"I said, you are a huge sexy monster who shouldn't be in here but is because of something that couldn't be controlled" she says quickly but to only cover her mouth in embarrassment.

"A huge sexy monster?" I chuckle, "See, I knew you couldn't resist me".

"Good bye, Mr. Fetzer" she says and walks to the door, but stops just before leaving.

"It's Bert" I call after her.

"Bert" she says softly and turns around to face me.

"Hey! You got it right!" I exclaim. Without missing a beat she bolts over to me, leans over and pushes her lips against mine. Her hand presses against my chest and my hand covers hers.

As soon as she came, she jolts up and scampers out the door, blushing while saying, "Oh my gosh! I am so sorry"

Taken by surprise, I just lay there in shock, trying to comprehend what just happened.

"Breaking now: A huge car chase has begun in the streets of Las Vegas just minutes ago" Meghan Kelly reports. "Just moments after breaking and stealing over $60,000,000 from the Aria Resort and Casino, Las Vegas Metro Police chase five highly tuned streetcars and one motorcycle".

On the television screen shows the whole police chase from a helicopters view. In the front is a matte black 1977 Trans Am, follow by a matte black 2013 RUF, then a matte black 2005 Evolution VIII, then a matte black 2000 Supra, a matte black 2012 Reventón and finally followed by a Suzuki Hayabusa. All six vehicles are being chased by about ten police cruisers.

"What the hell?" I mutter watching the screen closely. "Wait. That can't be?"

Just then, the Trans Am disables a cop car by smashing it into a wall.

"Holy shit. Only one crew can take down a complete army of cops: JC" I exclaim and laugh out loud. "Oh my god, I can't believe this happening!"

There is a small know from my door. I turn my head to see the pretty little red-head peeking her blushing face through the door.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Um... Is everything alright? There seems to be some commotion coming from in here" she replies.

"Oh, I'm just watching the news" I say with a grin.

"Oh... Okay then. I will leave you be" Vicky says and takes a step back out of the door.

"No, no wait!" I call after her.

She stops dead in her tracks, "Yes?"

"Why did you do that?" I ask.

"Do what, Mr. Fetzer?" he replies acting like nothing happened and trying to be professional.

"You know... With the whole kissing thing?"

"Oh. That." she says quietly and looks down at her feet.

"No, no. It's fine! Don't get me wrong, I loved it" I day with a huge smile, "But why did you do it?"

"Because."

"Because why?"

"Just cuz"

"Oh come on!" I exclaim.

"Cuz you just seem like an unbelievable guy, from here we have to talked. You are pretty hot. Just saying. And I know what happened..."

"What happened?" I ask confused.

"The note left by the guy who dropped you off here. It said something like 'Bert Fetzer, tried to commit suicide by driving car off the side of mountain. Lost his fiancé dub to a car crash a few years ago'".

"Wait? What?" I ask so confused. That is not at all why I am here. Well, I did lose Thalia, but what is going on. "You said there was a note left?"

"Yeah. The guy who dropped you off gave it to us. He claimed he saw you on the side of the road and you looked badly injured. So he took you here".

"But it wasn't a-" I start but stop myself before going on because she doesn't need to know about Sukopiōnzu.

"What?" Vicky asks with a confused look on her face.

"I said, but what does it matter if you know what happened to me? I mean, you guys must get lots of people who are victims of attempted suicide".

"I know, you just seem different" she whispers and trails off. There is a silence between us and as she's about to turn around, I speak up.

"Hey, come here" I say and take her hand when she comes close. "I AM different. So different that you will never understand how I am not the guy you think I am."