Chapter Two

"Oh come on Gee! You'll love him," Aimee screeched in my ear as she continued to drag me towards Ryan. "He's lovely."

I put up a fight; screaming at her, hitting her with my free hand and holding onto poles etc as we walked past them all. Well, more like getting dragged along.

"Why Aimee? He's your boyfriend anyway, I do not want to meet him." I protested, giving her my death glare. She knows when that happens she had better stop.

"I can't be bothered to argue with you." Aimee admitted submissively, letting go of my wrist, then proceeding to walk off with the ump.

School kicked out early, because of a massive fight these boys had and a lot of people were getting involved.  So, we decided to go to the mall. Of course I drove, as Aimee still cannot drive. Why would she when she has me; a designated driver and her own personal taxi? But, little did I know that we were going to meet Aimee's boyfriend from Tenerife.

She came back over to me where she left me; sitting down in the middle of the mall on my own getting dirty looks off of everyone. However, she didn't come back alone. She had this tall guy walking next to her, probably around 6' I reckon.  He wore a simple button up, with the top button and the one underneath it undone revealing skin. His blonde hair hung over his face in a 'messy bed hair' kind of way. Simple jeans with some black smart shoes to match the colour of his button up.

"Hey!" I said as they both casually strolled over to me. "I assume you're Ryan."

"Yeah, hey. I guess you're Gee. Aimee has told me a lot of stuff about you." Ryan intoduced, scratching the back of his head, slightly embarrassed.

"Oh, has she really?" I questioned, glaring at Aimee with a sarcastic smug look on my face.

"Hey! I haven't said anything bad! I can't believe you think of me like that Gee, come on!" Aimee protested, with a hint of sarcasm in her voice.

"Right, I don't know about you two but I came here to shop. You coming or are you going elsewhere?" I asked them both politely. It came more sarcastic then I had intened. They both just looked at each other, shrugged, then nodded at me. Took that as a yes.

As we were walking around Forever 21, Ryan came up to me.

"She is a bit strange isn't she?" He stated, clearly implying Aimee as he was staring at her. His eyes never left her body, even when she was being racks and he couldn't clearly see her.

"Yeah. But she's been my friend for about a year so I have no choice but to put up with her now." I replied, looking through clothes piles for my size. I didn't like being size 2. It was always gone by the time I had ever laid my eyes on any clothes.

"Oh yeah? How so? I thought you were like the 'popular girl' at Lake Norman High." This time, he looked right at me with half a smirk on his face, clearly amused with himself by his cheap remark.

I opened my mouth as if to reply, then shut it again. I was stunned by what he just said. How am I supposed to reply to that without sounding incredibly rude?

"Yeah, just because I am doesn't mean I have millions of friends. Aimee is my only true friend. Sure people know who I am and I hang with a lot of people in school. But that doesn't mean I cam just summon upon people and they will be here." I retorted.

"Oh okay." He replied, as bluntly as a butter knife. I knew he was confused just by the look on his face,  but I'm glad he didn't take it any further.

Aimee quickly came back once she had found what she was looking for; a red dress that would hug her curves perfectly. Ryan lit up light a Christmas tree when he say it. I tapped his arm playfully and he looked at me, pouting with his bottom lip out. We all knew what he was thinking. As Aimee walked to the cashier to pay for it, Ryan and I followed, quietly chuckling to ourselves.