Chapter Three

I couldn't even function what she had just said to me. Aimee, out of all people, could not like Joseph Lincoln. Not unless she was a slut desperate for sex of course. Which I hoped she wasn't. Or if she was, hopefully she used a condom of some sort.

"Gee don't do this. This is why I haven't said anything before. I didn't want this reaction from you." Aimee stated, her eyes being covered by desperation.

"Whatever Aimee. Why even tell me that when you know I don't like him!" I exclaimed. I got out of my car and started walking into school. Aimee sharply followed me, shadowing me around all the people crowding the corridors.

"Gee please!" I ignored Aimee, and carried on walking to my locker. I couldn't be bothered to sit and listen to her points she had to make about it.

"Georgina Jackson. Stop running away from me and come back here!" Aimee shouted down the corridor.

I stopped in my tracks. I hated when people called me by my whole name. I don't know why, I just didn't like it. I think where everyone has called me Gee since I was born, my whole name sounded weird. I turned around to face her. Not because I wanted too, simply because I don't like everyone knowing my business. I just stood there waiting for her explanation.

"Gee, firstly, I'm sorry for calling you by your full name. I only do it because you weren't listening to me. Secondly, because I want to explain." She stared into my eyes waiting for some sort of approval. She continued even though I stayed still with the exact same emotion on my face. "You know that time we went to the the theme park a couple of days before I went to Tenerife and I said I needed to pee but I was gone for like 10 minutes? I was talking to Joe then and we had been talking for a couple weeks. I met up with him to make sure he was okay." Guilt started to flood her eyes and she just stared at the floor, as if waiting for my acceptance of that apology.

At this moment, I didn't know what to say to her. I didn't know what to think of it; her being friends with the bad boy in our year. I'm not sure what to make of he whole situation.

"Okay Aimee. Whatever. I don't like this but I'm going to have to put up with it, aren't I?" I said this a bit sour, probably too sour. She picked up on this, and quickly nodded before I changed my mind.

"Thank you!" She wrapped her arms around me, and then linked my arm and walked to home room together.

Just because I was okay with her, didn't mean I wasn't annoyed at her; I was like hell.

--

Aimee and I went back to my house that night in order to get ready for Luke Miller's party. He was the popular boy, and everyone always thought something was going to happen between Luke and I, when actually nothing ever did. Sure we spoke a few times, but that doesn't mean that we got along and that we were your average popular couple at Lake Norman High. If anything, we had very little to do with each other. He had his friends and I had mine.

"Aimee!" I shouted up the stairs to her.

"Yes?" She appeared over my banister. She looked stunning. She was wearing that red dress she brought in Forever 21 that night we all got let out of school early because of the fight. It did hug her curves perfectly and in all the right places too.

"Are you ready? Its already half 7 and its started already!" I was always on time to parties. The idea of turning up when it was in full swing wasn't my thing. I liked to socialise with people before they all got drunk or whatever. I liked to know who ass there so if I did make a fool out of myself, I knew roughly what the consequences would be.

"Yeah!" She shouted as she ran as fast as could down my stairs in her heels.

"Well aren't you looking good?" I said as I winked at her.