Chapter Five

The sounds of birds singing woke me up the next morning. The sun was just coming up over the horizon, making the sky go an orange colour that faded into yellow. Beautiful was the only word to describe it. I rolled over and saw it was 5:00am. Knowing I wouldn't get back to sleep, I got out of bed.

I walked down the stairs, and heard someone talking in the kitchen. I slowly crept in, and saw my mum.

"Hey, you alright?" I questioned. I swear she normally didn't get up until 6 o'clock, just after me. She didn't look great, her hair looking like a bird's nest and her eyes looking very tired as she turned around to look at me.

"Yeah, just couldn't sleep, that's all." She stated. I wasn't going to ask why because it was probably work stress. That's what it normally was anyway. "How comes you're up this early?"

"Well, there's these things that sing in the morning when the sun rises, and last time I checked, I couldn't turn them off or turn them down, so they woke me up this morning." I retorted. She just started chuckling to herself as she approved my remark.

"Oh really? I have no idea what they could be!"

"Hey mum," she turned to face me again after making me a cup of tea. "You've got a bit of sarcasm right there." I said as I pointed to the corner of my mouth.

"No I haven't love, I spat it right at you." She remarked, looking very pleased with her come back.

We just sat there for a minute looking out of the big french doors we had at the back of my house. They was the sun was rising, with the birds flying over looked amazing. I looked at my mum, and she looked happy. Not sure why, but she did.

"Where's Tony today?" I asked.

Tony was my step dad. She met him a couple months after my mum and dad got divorced. I still spoke and saw my dad and step mum, so it wasn't that I didn't like either one of them, it's just one of them things that was part of life, unfortunately.

"I think he's down south today," She stated looking confused.

"Oh okay. I'm going to get ready." I shouted over my shoulder, walking up to my room.

I quickly jumped in the shower, and let my hair dry naturally today. I couldn't be bothered to sit there and dry it, so I didn't. I pulled on my dark jeans, black ankle boots and black fluffy jumper and went to school.

--

It was lunch and not a lot had happened. I'd seen Aimee of course, and had a conversation with Joe. Ever since Aimee got me to meet up with them both after our little blow up at the park, we were actually getting along. Besides, if it wasn't for me, they wouldn't even be together. I dragged them to a private bit, and got him to just ask her stright. He has his hand over his mouth and said it pathetically, so I grabbed both his wrists and held them down. And that's how they got together.

"But then I said what are you going on about, and she didn't reply! How rude!" Aimee ranted. She was angry because she was interested in a new car, but her mum and dad wouldn't let her as her one worked fine. In fact, it was more then fine. It was a brand new Mercedes, C Class AMG line, and cost her parents a fortune. But seeing as it was the end of November, she started asking for presents.

"Aimee!" I shouted, shaking her body by her shoulders. "Get a grip! Everyone would love to have your car! You don't need a new one, so stop asking for it!"

I was bored of the conversation, so zoned out again. I wondered what it was like to actually be friends with Joe, though. Not that that would change my feelings towards him, but seeing as I promised Aimee I had to try and get a long with him, a lot of things flew into my mind after that. Like why he did what he did, why he was so dark and mysterious, that kind of thing.