Leaving the Bird's nest

With his hand outstretched, he asked, " Are you ready for this? Are you ready... to
know about the messed up ways of this world. The ways that will strip that innocence of yours away from you and change you into someone unrecognizable that you won't even know who you are anymore?"

I grabbed his hand firmly and said, "I am."

He looked at me with his dark-silverish eyes and pulled me closer to him.

"There's no going back. So don't blame me if you get hurt, okay." He whispered in my ear.

I looked at him directly into his eyes and said, "I'm not going to change, nor am I going to get hurt. As long as I believe that I can go against the flow of this world."

Disbelief was was written all over his face as I said that. He looked at me amusingly.

"I wonder...," he said as he let go of my hand, "how long you'll believe that. I doubt you'll even last in the real world."

"Well as long as you're right beside me I know that I will because you'll be the one to help me with my so-called adventure after all." I smiled at him," I trust you."

He raised an eyebrow and looked quite pleased to hear that.

"Trust me? Really?" He said that as if it's the first time someone said that to him.

"Well, I guess...," I said in a very unsure tone,"after all you do owe me for saving your life."

--ten hours ago--

The birds outside my window were greeting me cheerfully that morning as I woke up. I looked at the clock and saw that it was still early, so I went back to bed. Suddenly, my door burst open and something jumped on my bed. It started licking my feet. Then it started barking. It was my adorable puppy, Ginger. She was a Golden Retriever. She had a red ribbon tied around her neck with a note on it saying, "Top of the morning to you, kiddo! Time to get up."

I got out of bed and carried Ginger in my arms. I hugged her tightly that a high pitched squeal came out of her.

"Aww, did I hurt you my cute, little puppy." I said.

She put her cute, little paw on my chest and looked at me with puppy eyes as if she was expecting me to put her down.

"Okay... okay, I gotcha." I put her down. She ran out of my room.
All of a sudden, a sweet, delicious aroma filled my room making my belly growl so loud.

"Ugh, I guess I have to fill you up. I'm so hungry." I shouted, "What's for breakfast!"

"You're favorite, pancakes, egg, and ham!" Responded a voice.

I knew that voice, it was my mom's. She would always cook the finest of meals for me especially when it was breakfast.

I went out of my room, down the stairs and then into the kitchen where my mom was. She was setting the table with fancy tableware, which were plastic spoons and forks and plastic plates. We would use those type of tableware so that we wouldnt have much to wash. No one liked washing dishes in my house so, yah.

I saw Ginger at the corner of the room just busily munching at her puppy chow. Not minding anything.

My mom looked at me and smiled. "You ready for your first day in school?" She asked excitedly.

My eyes widened when she asked that question. "Shoot I forgot! Today is my first day! I haven't even packed my bag, nor ironed my uniform." I said as I face palmed myself.