Chapter 12

"Hi Dipper..." Mabel says quietly. She looks at him and he grabs her hand.

"Oh Mabel, how are you feeling?"

"Worse, and worse." Mabel makes a painful face. She wished he'd come a little later so she could finish sleeping but that was okay. She had tubes connected to her arms and nose and stomach.

"But you're at least a little better right?" Dipper looked worried. Mabel made a sick face and said maybe. She was drugged, tired, and maybe a little bit hungry. Mabel reached over and gave Dipper a small, but loving hug. Just then a girl walked in the room she had a needle in her hand.

"Good morning Mabel!" She walked over to the other side of the bed and started to turn the machines on.

"How are you today?" She plugs one of the machines in and turns it on it starts to beep. Mabel makes a thumbs down and sticks out her tongue.

"Not good eh? Well it's time for a small shot so this might hurt." She plunges her needle into her arm and Mabel cringes in pain. Dipper watches his sister and a nurse he's never met. Mabel looks back at Dipper and then rolls over on her back and stares at the ceiling. She was thinking about what was going on and what had caused all this. It was me, she thought I always mess things up and I thought I was helping but I wasn't. I guess I'm not as helpful as I thought I was. Mabel started to cry a little but she flipped over so dipper wouldn't see. The nurse was young and wasn't wearing a traditional outfit, she wore a white tee shirt and a short white skirt. She walked over to Dipper and held out her hand

"Hi, I'm Katherine but you can call me Kathy, I'm new here!" She smiled and Dipper shook her hand. "Uh, hi my name's Dipper." He shuffled his feet.

"Cool!" She had a warming smile and it made Dipper uncomfortable, she was almost too perfect.

"Uh, thanks nobody's ever said that... I mean about my name!" Dipper was now backed up against Mabel's bed. Mabel was asleep and heaving breaths, she was very tired and pumped with medicine.

"Dipper where do you live?" Kathy asked.

"I live in the Mystery Shack, but just for the summer." Dipper replied. She walked over to Mabel's bed and put another blanket over top the bed.

"I don't live here either, my mom wanted me to visit her at her house up by the Northwest Man- whatever!" She laughed nervously. At that moment Soos and Wendy burst into the room.