Chapter 5

I wake up still in Dylan's arms. I keep my eyes closed. I hear Dylan talking to someone. I can feel the vibrations of his voice since I'm laying my head on his chest.

"I just feel bad that I couldn't help her. I wish she would've told me. We could've avoided this." Dylan explains as he rubs my back.

"She told me the night we met..." Dallas says. "I'm going to take her sister home. She needs some real sleep."

"You're a good kid."

"Watch it old man." Dallas chuckles softly. I hear him wake Jenn up. "Come on Jenn, let me take you home."

After then leave I open my eyes. It's just Dylan and I now.

'I'm a bad sister' I think. 'She shouldn't have to go through this. I'm a bad person. I'm making them all suffer because they feel bad for me.'

"Hey you." Dylan rubs my back.

"How long was I asleep for this time?"

"Just a few hours. I slept too. I'm glad you're okay. You are okay, right?" He asks, looking down at me.

"I guess so." I sigh. "I don't know if I'll ever be alright." I look up at him.

"Can I try and make you feel better?" He smiles.

"How?"

He grins slightly. "Prepare yourself for awesomeness."

I chuckle softly. I'm about to speak but he gently presses his lips against mine. I instantly blush and close my eyes, kissing back. I feel his hand hold my cheek.

After a few moments he pulls back from the kiss. I lean my head into his hand. He gently strokes my cheek with his hand.

"How are you now, hot stuff?" He chuckles softly.

"I-I'm stunned..." I admit, blushing.

"I'm in love with you, Bailey."

"You... You're what?" My eyes meet his.

"I love you. I've loved you since the day I met you." He smiles.

"That was years ago." I lay my head on his shoulder.

"I will always love you, even if you don't love me back. I will always be there for you if you want me there or not. I swear on my life." He kisses my head.

"I... Why didn't you tell me?" I ask.

"I knew you were going through a rough time. I didn't want to complicate things. I didn't want to ruin our friendship if you didn't like me like that. I dont care now if you do or not." He explains.

"I want to be by your side forever, Bailey. I want to always be there to help you in any way that I can. I want you to be happy." He continues.

"I'm always happy with you, Dylan... And I... I want to be happy... And I know you'd keep me happy..." I admit. "But I don't deserve it."

He rubs my back. "You deserve to be happy."

I roll over and face away from him. "I'm sorry Dylan. It's time for you to go. You have school."

"No, Bailey, I'm not leaving you here to do something stupid."

"Please Dylan, I need some space..."

He sighs. "I'm going home to take a shower, then I will be back. Nothing stupid Bailey."

"No promises..." I mumble, and he doesn't hear.

*****************

Dylan went home. I have the room to myself. I sit on the side of the bed with my legs dangling down. I stand up, and wobble a little.

I grab a piece of paper and I pen and I start writing.

~
I'm sorry for the trouble I caused you all. My life cannot be saved. My parents abused me. I threatened to call the authorities, so they disappeared. I've been bullied for the last 10 years. I can't handle the pressure.
I'm sorry.
I love you all.
Goodbye.
~

"I'm not staying here. They'll be fine without me." I say, walking over to the supply closet in my room after setting the note on the table by my bed.

I grab the rope and go to the bathroom.

Fifteen minutes have passed since Dylan left. He'll be back soon.

I close and lock the bathroom door. I tie the rope into a noose.

"Now... Where should I hang..."

I string the rope up on a thick pipe. I tie it to the handle on the wall. I step up on the toilet and wrap the rope around my neck, tightening it.

I close my eyes. I hear doctors walk in my room. "I'm sorry..." I whisper. Dylan comes back in the room.

I step off the toilet and gasp.

I dangle from the ceiling. I'm not fighting. Dylan pounds on the door.

'He found the note' I think.

I choke silently.

He kicks the door open and rushes in. The doctors cut the rope and he catches me. I'm barely there.

"God Bailey.. I told you nothing stupid.." He brings me to my bed, I think, and lays me down. I feel his tears hit my face.

"I love you.." He whispers in my ear.