c h a p t e r t w o

The sweet aroma of bacons and eggs frizzling on the frying pan made me awoke from my sleepy state, smiling in the process. I love mornings - the fact that you get to blink for another day and start fresh for your life. Mornings are great signs of opportunities blossoming here and there to finally do something right, or perhaps change something to be right. A soft knock from the plain door of my small room was heard before my alarm clock boozed as if I would never wake up. I rolled my eyes and shut it, opening the door. There stood Luke, his hair's direction was everywhere very unlikely of him. I picture him as someone who would never go out without his hair gelled. But that wasn't the topic. It was the fact that he stood shirtless with a lazy smirk before I hear his thick Australian accent, I was pleading to hear.

"Good morning," his morning voice sounded hoarse and I'm loving every single moment of it.

"Good morning." I smiled dumfoundedly at him, forgetting the fact that 1. I haven't brushed my teeth yet, and 2. I am not wearing my bra. And I swear my boobs may not be that big but the thin fabric of my top surely gave it an emphasis. "Oh shit, I'm sorry."

I closed the door before he could get a glimpse on it. I shook my head in embarassment, face palming. Probably it was because of my obsession with mornings that I forgot to clip my bra on. Luke probably thinks I'm some slob. I don't want to make a bad impression on my soon to be step dad, right?

After I made sure I was prepared to meet people, I trudged down the stairs and made my way towards the kitchen where our dining table sat. Ducking my head low, I took the only free seat which so happened to be beside Luke. Great.

"Good morning, dear." my mother greeted before handing me the plate of fried rice.

"Good morning, mom." I responded but I didn't smile. Why? I don't know, probably because she is not Luke. I felt a light tap on my lap making me freeze on the spot. How could my mom's hand travel that far? Then I realized my stupid mistake. Of course it was Luke. I glanced up only to be met by his baby blue eyes. He smiled before handing a plate full of bacon and eggs. I gladly took it from him, dropping some on my plate before passing it back.

"Do you like it?" he asks all of a sudden as I chew a bacon. I bet he saw my confused face because he uttered, "I made it."

I nodded my head and gave him a warm smile as he bit his lip, looking into my mother's direction before she clapped. They're total relationship goals. Except the age gap. For me, it's better to have a baby girl than a baby boy. If you know what I mean.

"Okay fine, I'm spending the day with you guys," she raised both her hands in mere surrender as Luke fisted the air in a pump before she continues, "I'll go with Lo and you on the way to school."

"I knew she'd say yes. Right, Lo?" he faced, winking at me making me cheeks go crimson before nodding a yes. I don't know what his purpose is for doing such things; biting his lip and winking at me. Is he trying to kill me, is he tryig to turn me on, or is it normal for him to do such? Whatever it is, there's only one thing I am very very certain. He will be the fucking death of me.

I was slightly disappointed that I wouldn't be spending a day/car ride with Luke but I am very jovial that mom is actually pulling her day of. I couldn't even convince her to go fashion shopping with me. Well perhaps Luke has this impact on her.

"Excuse me," I pushed my chair out of the white glass table as they both modded, engaging themselves in an "interesting" conversation. Well if Luke finds business deals interesting, then you could tell it is.

* * *

My hair is flattened straight as I pull a pair of knee-high socks and a white Adidas sneaker on my feet after pushing a baby pink crop top with my favorite white Adidas tennis skirt. I grabbed my black leather back pack off the white wooden counter top before going down the stairs.

"Let's go?" I asked when I set foot the tiled floor, making Luke's head snap up, looking at me up and down.

"Let's go," he mumbles as his adam's apple bob up and down his throat. Am I actually making him nervous?

"Kay." I smiled walking past him and I swear I could feel his gaze down my ass.

"Oh and, Lo?" he asks as I glance up, "you look gorgeous as always."

❤︎ ❤︎ ❤︎ ❤︎ ❤︎

author:

thank you for the votes and reads!! so much love omf im sorry this is a suckish chapter :((( it'll be better soon i promise sorry!! will update again soon love lots, marizlou <3