c h a p t e r f o u r t e e n

Lolita

I kept the smile tugged at the corners of my lips as the song ended and the crowd applaud, his forehead glued towards mine. His dimples popped out and I couldn't help but smile wider than I already do.

"Okay, lovebirds enough now." the announcer spoke as everyone giggled, including I and him. We walked hand in hand on the side, giving way for an obvious announcement.

"So, let's just go with the highlight of this event -- the awarding of the Mister and Miss Star of the Night!" the crowd cheered once more, obviously excited of the recognition. I just don't get why these group of people are actually excited for a sash and a boquet. Perhaps it was the recognition they would receive, it could help the reputation of their company maybe? Well, whatever it is, nobody wants to know. Or at least, not me.

"For the Mister Star of the Night," the noise level went down, the whispers shutting still and the room fell silent you could literally hear their nervous hearts pounding against their chests, "I should've expected this. Mister Star of the Night is no other than mister Luke Hemmings! The husband of the most successful, ma'am Lilette Hemmings. Please join me here on stage, mister Hemmings."

Luke smirked as he stepped on the stage but his eyes were darker than their usual shade. He seemed to be in a bad mood or something but the crowd seem to cheer him up. He bowed after the sash was give to him, a little glass trophy was given to him as well. Maybe that's what they're all here for?

"And the Miss Star of the night is," he says, keeping his gaze on the card. Let's just hope this wouldn't be a Steve Harvey moment because it would totally be a total disaster and embarassment to whoever would be called, "oh this is interesting. I knew she would be picked because she is absolutely stunning tonight. Set you best foot forward because you'll be bringing home the bacon tonight, baby! Miss Star of the Night is of course, the lovely daughter."

"It's going to be you." Ashton smiled at me proudly, untangling his hand from mine. At first I shook my head and snorted, but when he set his hand on my lower back and slightly pushed me towards the stage, I knew he was right.

"Miss Lolita Tate Winchester, the daughter of Lilette Hemmings! She looks dazzling doesn't she? Totally, slaying that dress! Nice job, Lilette you did such a great job at being a mother and a wife." the announcer blabbed, I rolled my eyes and smiled as I accepted the sash and the boquet of flowers before he hands me the glass trophy Luke had as well. The announcer told me to stand beside Luke and smile for the picture. I did as I was told, Luke snaking his arm around my tiny little waist. I felt shivers run down my spine at his touch but I kept my cool anyway.

After the announcement was done, everybody went back and minded their own businesses. I was about to go back to Ashton to get to know him a little bit more but Luke grabbed my wrist, tightly might I commened, pulling me against his chest as I smell the strong scent of alcohol from his usually minty breath.

"Don't ever think of going back to that, Irwin, baby girl." he slurred on my ear. I looked at him ridiculously and he just gave me a goofed grin.

"Luke, you're drunk." I mumbled, trying to balance myself from the high stilettos I am wearing.

"No I'm not," he insisted and I rolled my eyes at his drunken state, "and you know that's not my name, princess."

"Princess is not my name too." I fired back, struggling to pull him towards mom's table with her snobby rich friends.

"Pfft, I can call you whatever I want, baby g." he says, rolling his eyes immensely at me.

"Yeah, I can call you whatever I want to too, Luke." I said, emphasizing his actual name. There's no way I'm calling him daddy publicly. That's just horrible -- a naive seventeen year old calling her step dad daddy? Absolutely ridiculous.

"Mom," I said and she immediately looked at me with a smile which soon faded as she saw the passed out Luke by my side, "we should go home now."

"Oh my goodness, Lo! Why didn't you prevent him to stop drinking? He's supposedly driving you tonight! I can't drive you home, I'm leaving after this! You are such an idiot!" she says, glaring at me sharply as she gives Luke a concerned look. She never called me an idiot, not before Luke.

"Wow I'm sorry for being responsible to look over your husband. Don't worry, we're taking a cab home."

* * *

sorry for the boring chapter ily happy new year babiessss ;-))))