Prologue

"Dad, stop!" I scream as my dad drags me by my hair.

"Why can't you ever do anything right!" My dad yells as he picks me up and throws me half on the coffee table. I cried as my back hit the hard surface.

I felt anger build up and swung at my dad. "Don't you ever touch me again! I fucking hate you!" I yell as I pound on his chest.

I look over and see my brother, Nick, standing there looking afraid and crying. I look over at my mom and see her sitting on the couch, looking at the floor and not doing anything to try to stop my dad.

I turn my attention back to my brother and realize how afraid he looked. I went up to him and tried giving him a hug. Nick backed away and that's when I realized what he was scared of...

Me.

I pulled him into a big embrace. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry Nick," I cried as I hugged him tight. I felt his tears dripping onto my arm, and I couldn't help but feel guilty.

My name's Makenzie and I'm sixteen. Let me explain a few things to you. I self-harm, I'm suicidal, and my dad is abusive. I live to look after my little brother, Nick. He's the best and I love him so much. But sometimes, most of the time, I feel like I can't handle living anymore. I wish i can just...

Disappear.