Chapter One

Chapter One
~Ciel's POV~
"Bye Mom! Bye Dad!" I called out. My parents waved goodbye as they drove off to their date night at Applebee's. I walked into the house and closed the garage door. I locked the door and went upstairs.
"Mom and Dad left for date night?" my brother, Caleb, called out.
"Yeah."
"Sweet!"
"I'm still making you do your homework Caleb!"
"You're not the boss of me!"
"Fine, if I'm not the boss of you then I guess you won't mind me telling mom about the time you snuck out with your friends and I caught you guys-"
"Fine." He cut me off. I went down the hallway and into my room. My clock read across the room: 10:23 pm. NO!!!! It can't be Sunday night already! Ugh! Mark was supposed to do his live stream an hour ago. Did he forget? I know he loves his fans so he couldn't have given up on us. Why would I even consider that?! I decided to clear my mind and watch one of his videos from a week ago. I turned off my bedroom lights and turned on one of his videos.
"Hello everybody, my name is Markiplier and welcome to 'Let's Play Insanidade'!" His voice rang. I loved his introductions. I always said them with him. My eyes were glued to the screen as he started to try to read the Portuguese on the screen. During all the jump scares, I would either jump out of my chair or scream while crapping my pants [not really though (>.<)]. In the middle of the video my friend, Avril, facetimed me.
"Hello?" I answered.
"Hi...did you hear the news?" she asked concerned.
"No what is it?" I asked.
"Mark Fischbach was reported missing earlier today." she cried.
"M-Mark Fischbach...as in... Markiplier?" I stuttered. She is lying! He can't be missing!
"Yeah Markiplier...no one knows who did it though." she explained.
"Probably some crazy ass fangirl." I muttered.
"I am so sorry Ci." she apologized.
"You have nothing to be sorry for." I told her. "That explains why he didn't do the livestream, though."
"Well, off topic now. Let's talk about something happy." she suggested and I nodded. "Are you excited for the dance next Friday?"
"Of course, I'm like the life of the party." I joked.
"Well, guess what I heard..."
"What?"
"Someone's going to ask you to go as their date."
"Really? Who?"
"Well you know that guy in our Geometry class?" I nodded. "Well, he..." She sucked in a short breath. Her face suddenly flushed of all color. She tried to speak, but no sound came out.
"W-What's wrong?" I stuttered.
"T-Turn-" she tried to speak.
"What?" I asked more concerned.
"Y-You're screen...." she whispered.
"What about it?" I asked getting more nervous by the second. The camera on her phone flashed showing she made a screenshot. A couple moments later I got a message from her. It was a picture. My breathing stopped and my face turned pale. It was my screen. There was someone behind me. 'Don't turn around,' I thought in my head. Tears started streaming down my face. It wasn't just anybody in my room...it was Jeff the Killer. His mouth was cut open from side to side. He had a plain blood stained grey hoodie. His pitch black hair peeked out from under the hood. There was a long knife in his hands with dried blood on it. His face had a very deformed crooked smile on his face. That's impossible! He's just a creepypasta character. I started sobbing quietly. "He's gonna kill me..." I whispered to her.
"I won't let him hurt you." she lied. I know she lied, but it was to comfort me. "I think I can make a run for it if I-" I was cut off by a blunt object striking me upside the head making Avril scream. "Ciel!" I was knocked out of my chair and onto the carpeted floor. Two hands dragged me towards the window, but I kicked him off. I took off towards my door, but froze. The hallways were pitch black. He shut off our power. I still had the phone in my hands. Avril was still on the line. She kept yelling, "Run! Run!! He's right behind you!!! Watch out!!!!" My vision was blurry with tears. I got to call 911, but they won't get here in time.
"Call 911!" I called.
"What do I say? 'Jeff the Killer is trying to kill my best friend?!" she panicked.
"Just say there is a killer in my house and leave out the 'Jeff' part." I cried.
"He's right there! Ciel, c'mon I know you can do it!" she yelled.
"Call for help please!" I cried.
"I'll get my house phone. Watch out for the-" Too late. I tripped over something on the floor and hit the floor. My eyes wandered to the floor and I screamed....it was my brother, Caleb.
"Is...that....Caleb?" Avril said slowly. I can tell she was trying not to cry. I tried to get up to run but a sharp pain shot up my arm. I looked down to see an injection needle lodged in my arm. My eyes slowly started dropping. "Ciel....Ciel.....Ciel WHAT'S GOING ON!!!" she called. I tried to speak, but my mouth was too tired to open. "Ciel I'm getting my parents!! Mom!! Dad! HELP!!!" she screamed. I heard footsteps and her parents were on the screen. The phone dropped out of my hand and my arms went numb. I felt someone lift my body.
"AAAAH!!! What is that!?" her mother screeched.
"Put her down!!!" Avril cried. My eyes were slowly shutting. He picked up the phone with his other hand and pointed to Avril. He saw her. She was a witness. The last words I heard were him.
"GO. TO. SLEEP!!"