Chapter 3

Just then, at the back of the hall, up the steps from the lower level Mjolnir roared up into the hall, Thor strode cockily into the hall behind it, catching it behind his back. The crowd erupted in cheers. Thor spun his hammer with a flourish and held it up before the crowd, basking in the moment, relishing the adoration, whipping his audience up into a frenzy.
"Oh, please," Sif said. Odin watched from the front, not liking this showy display.
"Father, I don't think Grandfather is pleased," you said.
"I don't think he is either my dear (y/n)," Loki said to you.

Thor finished stirring up the crowd. When he reached the front of the room, he kneeled on one knee before his mother and father. Frigga cast him an admonishing glance. Thor winked up at her. She can't help but smile. Odin striked Gungnir upon the ground with a deafening BOOM. The crowd fell silent.

Odin spoke with quiet, effortless authority. He raised Gungnir before him.
"Gungnir. Its aim is true, its power strong. With it I have defended Asgard and the lives of the innocent across the Nine Realms since the time of the Great Beginning. And though the day has come for a new King to wield his own weapon -- that duty remains the same. Thor Odinson, my heir, my first-born,"
"Who happens to be ummature like a child," you muttered. Sif shushed you with a glare.
"So long entrusted with this mighty hammer, Mjolnir," Odin continued. "Forged in the heart of a dying star, from the sacred metal of Uru. Only one may lift it. Only one is worthy. Who wields this hammer commands the lightning and the storm. Its power has no equal- as a weapon, to destroy, or as a tool, to build. It is a fit companion for a King,"