Chapter 18

B

I couldn't help smiling while we're being introduced on stage. I glance at her and admire her beauty. God, she's beautiful!

     🎶 Right from the start you were a thief who stole my heart
           And I your willing victim 🎶

I could only bow, nod, and shake my head. It's just so ironic that she's singing the song that my wife thought was ours.

     🎶 We're not broken just bent
           And we can learn to love again 🎶

I saw her look at me shortly and smile. If you knew where I am coming from with this song, you wouldn't give me that smile, Sarah...

     🎶 You've been having real bad dreams, oh-oh
           You used to lie so close to me 🎶

She looks at me. I look at her... I will make sure you won't be having bad dreams with me because you'll always lie close to me, Baby...

     🎶 There's nothing more than empty sheets
           Between our love, our love... 🎶

See how right we are for each other? We even have the same hand gestures even without looking at each other. Talk about mirroring...

S

Hindi ko maiwasan tumingin sa kanya. Ibang klase talaga yung talent niya. Kanina lang niya inaral yung kanta pero parang he's been singing it all his life.

     🎶 I never stopped
           You're still written in the scars of my heart 🎶

I can't help staring at him. Siya lang talaga ang isang tao na nagpapatigil ng mundo ko...

     🎶 It's in the stars!
           Written in our hearts of love 🎶

Wow... Napatigil ako bigla sa pagkanta. Parang gusto ko na lang siyang pakinggan. Ang galing ng pagbali niya sa kanta...

     🎶 We're not broken just bent
           We can learn to love again... 🎶

Nakita ko na naman na malungkot ang mga mata niya. At alam ko na nakita niya na nakita ko... Kaya siguro tumungo na lang siya... Ano na naman kaya ang nasa isip niya?

B

And the song is done... I see her curtsy and bite her lip again, for me. Look at me, Sarah... There you go...

I love how brave you are, staring at me while I'm staring at you. I wanted to touch her and I almost did... I felt myself holding back...

     "Yeeesss!" Thank you, KC! You saved me from touching her and holding her...

     "Thank you very much!" Yes. I just have to say it. Thank you very much. Whew! That was close... Again!

     "At ngayon mga Kapamilya, we have the Popstar Royalty that captured our hearts and the voice... Hello!"

Whoa! KC puts her arm on me and kisses me...

     "...the voice that rocked our world, Sarah G. and Bamboo! Nakoh, ang galing-galing niyo! Napapakanta lahat ng tao."

KC is beautiful! This is the first time I've seen her up close. Oops. Better hold that smile back, Bamboo. Sarah's looking at you. I don't think she'd mind, though. KC's her friend and I'm just somebody who appreciates beauty. But you're still the most beautiful for me, Sarah...

     "Really, more than anything, I want to say ngayon pa lang, congratulations! And kwentuhan niyo naman kami kung ano ang mangyayare..."

Sarah looks uncomfortable. I think she didn't like me smiling at KC too much. I better let her know that she'll still all I see and the most beautiful for me.