Chapter 33

B

     "DADDY!!!!", I heard my daughter scream.

I rushed toward their room. Oh my God! What could have happened to her? Where's M??? If something happened to my baby, I'll never forgive myself.

     "Sweetheart? What's wrong? What's wrong? Are you ok?"

I opened the door and saw her in front of the laptop.

     "What's wrong, baby? Are you hurt? Are you ok?"

     "Daddy! Of course, I'm ok! Why would you think otherwise?"

     "You were screaming, baby."

What the hell is going on???

     "Daddy! Look!"

     "What is it?"

If my daughter saw something on the net that may have corrupted her innocent mind, I'm gonna kill M for allowing her to use the laptop. I mean, the laptop isn't supposed to be here in the first place. She knows I don't like the kids to be hooked up on gadgets and the internet. I have strictly told her that!

     "Daddy? Why are you all red? Do you feel hot?"

     "No, baby. What is it that you wanted to show me?"

     "It's Tita Mom!"

My heart stopped for a few seconds. My God, what did she see?

     "Uhm, what about her, baby?"

I don't think I want to see this.

     "She cut her hair!"

What?

     "I'm sorry, baby? What was that again?"

     "She cut her hair! Look!"

     "This is what you were screaming about?"

     "Yes!!! Why haven't you looked at her? Look, Daddy! Look!"

Ok... Am I ready to see this? Am I ready to see what she was screaming about? Ok, Bamboo... Don't scream like your daughter, though...

I took a peak at the picture and stared.

     "Isn't she pretty, Daddy?"

     "..."

     "Daddy? Hey, isn't she pretty?"

     "She... She's pretty, baby. She's beautiful."

And she is... Wow! And I thought she couldn't get any prettier. God, she is beautiful. She's perfect. Short hair suits her. Well, any type of hair does, but this is the first time I've seen her hair this short.

     "No wonder you like her so much, Daddy."

     "Yes, sweetheart."

     "If you like her so much, then why don't I see her often?"

     "Well... Baby..."

     "Why don't you invite her to come here? Oh, we'll have lots of fun! I'd show her my books and my toys... You think Tita Mom would like that? Do you, Dad?"

How would I answer that?

     "Well, baby, I'm sure Sarah would love that. It's just that she's been very busy lately and our house is just too far from hers."

     "Then why don't we go to her house, instead? Please, Daddy? I wanna see her. She looks so pretty with her short hair."

     "But, sweetheart... She may really be busy right now. We don't want to bother her when she's working, do we?"