Chapter 7: Wolf attack

Lucy's heart skipped a beat, she barely knew him and he was practically claiming her. She'd known him for one nearly two days and he gets her for protecting her? Who came up with this rule and what is with all the secrets?

Lucy started feeling sick, her stomach felt turned over and her head started spinning.

"What is going on with this town?" she muttered holding her head and leaning back against the headboard.

"It's falling apart, and you can't be a part of it if you want to live."

James saying that made Lucy terrified of what he might say next.

"Come away with me, Lucy, so I can protect you."

Lucy's body shivered, she could feel numbness taking hold of her legs and feet. She felt as if he was pleading with her but trying to take her from everyone else.

"What about my family?" Lucy asked hoping the answer wasn't already embedded in her brain.

"Lucy, your family died years ago," he said trying to bring her back to reality.

"No, not them. What about Brandon, Carmen and Justin?" Lucy shuttered at two of the three names.

"What about them? They can't give you what you want, but I can. Lucy, Justin is keeping Brandon from you and Brandon seems perfectly content with Sarah, I'm not sure you noticed but they don't c are much about you."

"Yes they do! They took me in and gave me everything I wanted as a child," Lucy became enraged by what he had said but she thought to herself, why was she defending them, the only one worth defending is Carmen and he didn't attack her.

"They haven't given what you want lately, have they?"

Lucy said nothing as her face fell into a solemn structure of depression.

"Lucy, I can make you free," his words pierced through her ear causing her to perk up her hearing. "I'll come back the next full moon for your decision," he said climbing out the window.

"Wait, I'll see you before then, right?"

"Maybe," he finished as he descended down the side of the house with Mia and Destin following.

Before Mia made it out of the window, she looked back at Lucy and seemed to have bowed her head to her. Mia jumped out the window and from panel to panel until she reached the ground.

Lucy slunk down in her bed exhausted from being woken up from a near sleep when James carried her inside. She closed her eyes and fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brandon pulled the door shut again, seeing everything that had just happened and walked back to his

room slowly and quietly.

"What are you doing up my son?"

"I was just coming down to get some water," he spoke in a soft tone not looking up at his father.

"Well I just went out and got some fresh water, it's on the table." He patted his son's head and walked back to his room.

Brandon walked into the kitchen to find the bucket of water on the table just where Justin said it would be. He set a burning candle on the table so he could see, since the moon wasn't given much light through the kitchen window. He pulled a cup down from the wooden cabinet and dipped it in the water filling it only half way.

He sat with his hand on his forehead thinking back to the day he showed Lucy the meadow, unfortunately that was also the day he found out he couldn't marry Lucy for a very specific reason. He thrusted the palm of his hand against his forehead a few times hating himself for ever loving Lucy. He wiped some sweat from his forehead and set the glass on the table. His hands were slightly shaking from his nerves.