Chapter 22

It was an intense moment. I read the whole letter and it probably sounded like it lasted for an hour, but I didn't care. I wanted Harry to know and hear the truth.

I realized and thought about what Louis had said. He was right, but I wasn't going to fly across the world, which now I realized he was here, with me. So, I wrote him a letter last night, telling him how I felt and what I needed to tell him. I just didn't think of mailing it to him, just yet. I didn't know when I would, but it was already done. He had already heard what I said in it, and that was so fucking better.

I didn't realize that when I got done with the letter, I was crying. Tears were running down my face, and Harry had pulled me into his side. I don't know why I was crying. I guess it really what an emotional letter for me.

But, I did cry. I cried into is chest and his shirt got wet, and everything. Harry didn't say anything, though. He just rubbed his hands up and down my back, trying to calm me down. Finally, I was out of tears and stopped crying. I looked up at Harry and noticed he had been looking at me.

I was the first to speak. "I'm sorry, Harry."

He shook his head.

"No, it was all my fault. Don't even apologize, because I put you through fucking hell. And I am so sorry."

I didn't say anything. It was just silence. Harry had his arms wrapped around me, and my head was in the crook of his neck. We stayed in this position and in silence for quite a while, until Harry spoke.

"When did you write that?"

"Last night." I muttered.

He hummed in response and then spoke again. "So, you're in love with me, eh?" He chuckled.

I looked up at him, and narrowed my eyes. "You ruined the moment, I hope you know." I pretended to be annoyed.

He laughed. Dimples and everything. It was beautiful.

"I don't think I did," he whispered, inching his face closer to mine.

"I do," I replied, and inched my face closer to his.

As our lips were about to touch, my fucking cell phone rang, and we pulled back.

I looked at Harry, while grabbing my phone. His eyebrows were furrowed and lips were parted. He was so confused, as I was. It was 1 in the morning, and somebody was calling me. I realized I had been with Harry for 3 hours.

I fished out my phone and looked at the number. It was unknown, but I answered it, looking straight at Harry.

"Hello?"

"Anne, oh, fuck. I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry." Said a voice repeatedly through the line, sobbing.

"What? Who is this?" I couldn't register the voice.

"It's all my fault. I'm so fucking sorry." It was Jason, Kelly's boyfriend. What the hell?

I broke eye contact with Harry and looked at the ground.

"Jason, what the hell is going on? What happened?"

"I-It's Kelly. She got drunk a-and..."

"And what?" I clenched my jaw.

"I swear I didn't know she was drunk. I swear I didn't." He repeated.

"What the fuck is going on?!" I yelled, so fucking worried and confused.

"She's in the hospital, Anne. I'm at the hospital with her. She's been in a car crash."

And that's when my world came crashing down.