Project

*Next day*

 “Okay class.” My history teacher was walking back in forth of the classroom. “You would be working on a project for the next few weeks.”

Everyone groans.

“In partners.” He added.

Everyone cheered.

“Which I already choose for you.”

Everyone groans again. I just sat there, silent, unfazed by what he is saying.

“Okay everyone, get up and when I call your name, you and your partner find somewhere to work.”

Everyone, including me, grabbed their stuff and walked in front of the classroom.

“Cheryl King and Jason Stinson.” They both walked together and find a seat.

“Vanessa Gomez and Tom Pattinson.” Vanessa groaned not satisfied with her partner.

“Sidney Snurnof and Aaron Leon.” Who? Then a cute guy step up and I followed him as he sat down next to Jason. I tune Mr. Lenning out as he calls out the rest of the names.

When a desk slammed into mines, it snapped me out of my thoughts.

“So.” The pretty boy next to me said. “What should we do for our project?” I shrugged not caring.

“What if we make a collage or something?” I shrugged again. If this guy thinks he’s getting any help from me, he’s sadly mistaken. I don’t work well with others.

“Do you talk?” He asked. I shook my head.

“Do you know what were suppose to do for this project?” Again I shook my head.

“All you have—”

“What if,” I interrupted him. “What if you do all the work and just put both our names on this project.”

“That doesn’t seem fair.”

“Sometimes, life isn’t fair.” I said sadly.

“What if you do the collage and I’ll do the written work?”

“Whatever. Just tell me what to do and we don’t even have to speak to each other ever again.” For the rest of the class, he explains the project to me while I sat there with a bored expression on my face somewhat listening to what he’s saying. Who cares about academics when you’re not even going to get a diploma?

The bell finally rings and I gathered my stuff and walked out the door.

“See you tomorrow.” He called out. I just kept on walking, ignoring him.