Family breakfast // katies pov

I woke up from a thump " GET UP " Victoria yelled landing on top of me. I sighed and got up giggling. " I think Haley was making breakfast " she continued as we made our way into the main house. The smell of fresh waffles and Bacon went through my nose as I found a seat next to Alex. " hey " he smiled. " hey " I said smiling back and grabbing a waffle from the table and sitting it on my plate. I cut it into pieces and ate it. " no syrup ? " Alex asked with confused. " no syrup " I laughed and took another bite. He giggled " you should try some syrup " he said handing it to me. " it's not worth your time bud " Jude said taking the syrup and pouring it over his waffles " this whole family has been trying to get her to do it for years " he took a bite from his waffle as Julian took it after him.
" yea it's true, she only puts it on eggs and sausage. " Julian then covered his waffles and dug into the stack. After they all covered their waffles everyone was eating. " on your eggs ? " he asked looking at me. I nodded " it's good, I promise " I smiled and took a bite from my dry waffle. After we ate I made my way to the couch and laid my head back. I got my phone out and went through some old pictures on my phone. Of me and Darren in London. I couldn't lie I missed him and the way he smiled at my confusion or laughed at all my stupid jokes. He was the only reason I smiled and laughed but now that he's gone I've lost that part of me. The happy part. We text sometimes but it's not the same. I missed him so much. As I was thinking to myself m phone went off. A notification from Darren ' hey I sent you something, it should be out in the front yard. Your mum gave me the address to send it to. ' I smiled at his cuteness and made my way to the front door. I opened the door to see nothing other than Darren Lee Harrison in the front yard of Nathan and haleys house. His hair messed up like usual and wearing the same old khakis I loved so dearly. He held a single little daisy in his hand. " I would have bought you a Bouquet but I couldn't find any flower shops around her, I couldn't find anything actually " I laughed at his lost looking face which made him smile. " it's fine, I love it " I giggled and hugged him tightly. We hugged for a while and made our way inside. I still couldn't believe that he was here in America. " is that who I think it is ? " my mom said as she came in and hugged Darren. My whole family was aware of how close me and Darren were. My mom loved the thought of me having a boyfriend and Victoria didn't really care but the boys weren't exactly his biggest fan. " Darren! " David said with a fake smile giving him a pat on the back. Haley, Nathan and everyone else came in confused. " who's this ? " Jamie laughed. " this is Darren Harrison, Katie's....... Friend " my mom said as I rolled my eyes at her tone. " nice to meet you Darren " Alex said shaking his hand. As did Jamie and everyone else. " same rules here, just like London " Julian said. " oh yea, I've go my eyes on you Harrison " Davis said giving him a glare. We both giggled and made our way out to the guest house. We sat on the couch and watched tv for a while and just talked and caught up. I hadn't been gone for long but the way everything ended just wasn't okay so it was nice having him back. " so what brings you here ? " I smiled. " well a few reasons actually " he said in that accent that always made me melt. I nodded " what are these few reasons ? " I asked. " well uhhh.. I-.. No.. I just- no... Okay I only came for one reason " he smiled. " and that is ? " I said with hope of something, anything happening. " this " he said leaning in and kissing me. The kiss was soft, it felt right and I missed having him around so I didn't fight it at all. " that's a good reason " I smiled leaning back in. We cuddles for a while until Davis came in and we both leaned up. " you guys are so cute " he said sitting in between us " but let's cut out the cuteness for right now "

I actually really enjoyed writing this chapter and I hope you guys enjoyed it too.
So if Darren is in town, what does this mean for alex and Katie ? He hasn't confessed his feelings for her but it's never to late, or is it ?
Vote for more ⭐️
Comment ideas 💐