Guns n Shit

"Listen here princess, I'm here because because-"

"Spit it out now, my hands are getting closer to preventing oxygen from going through your lungs," I said as began to wrap my hands around his neck.

"because I wanna team up with you! I saw how strong you were with the varkids-"

I let go of his neck and he was relieved. I stepped back to let him speak but again, I listened skeptically.

"And not to mention, you've got great stamina and agile, you know, running with your wrists chained and stuff-"

"That's enough ass-kissing for today," I stopped him.

"Great!" He said.

"But I don't buy it." I added.

"I know that you're trying to help Hyperion," he said and I was enraged again.

"NO IM NOT," I said loudly.

"Sorry sorry, that's all I heard from when they were talking to you," he said, "and I myself am not too fond of vault hunters."

"Oh really," I questioned him.

"Yeah really," his voice had a more serious tone in it now.

"Why's that?" I asked.

"They...they killed my family," he said.

My eyes didn't soften, for I was still skeptical. But I listened to what he had to say. He was still a stranger to me, and to believe him so easily would be foolish of me.

"Interesting. I'm sorry for your loss," I said formally.

"I want to get back at them too," he said.

"They're not who I thought they were," I admitted.

"Who did you think they were?" He asked me.

"Heroes." I said and he laughed.

"What bullshit. Heroes my ass," he said grimly.

This guy really does hate vault hunters. He has a good reason to too, and for now I decided that I would trust him.

"Well do you have a name?" I asked.

"Yeah yeah it's uh-"

"Did you forget?" I asked.

"It's Aaron," he said.

"Nice to meet you Aaron," I said.

He extended a hand, but I turned around and ignored it. I am an awfully callous person, and I didn't want to waste anymore time.

"Ouch," he said as his hand retreated back to him.

"I need gear," I said.

"What kind of gear," he asked.

"You know, shields. Guns n shit," I said. He laughed when I said guns n shit.

"Haha guns n shit eh? We're definitely covered in that one," he said as he opened the room door. I followed him out to the rugged living space.

"Where the hell did you get all of this?" I asked. There were guns and shields scattered all over the floor.

"Oh I, I may have stolen them," he said.

I bent down to look at them.

"And here's an ECHO, it'll come in handy," he said to me as he tossed the device down to wear I was crouched at.

"These aren't the greatest guns, but better than nothing," I said.

"What!? These are Hyperion guns," he said.

"...and?" I asked him.

"Hyperion's the best!"

"Yeah but these guns right here aren't that great," I said as I sifted through the pile of guns.

"Fine. Then what gun do YOU prefer," he said.

"Depends on what type of gun I want," I said as I tossed a few junk guns to the side.

"Snipe," he said.

"Vladof, low recoil, and magazine size is nice," I said.

"Pistol." He said.

"Tediore wait no Jakobs wait no...yeah Jakobs," I said.

"Shotgun?"

"Hyperion takes that one. The fire rate is always so good, and I'm hot for the Conference Call," I said.

"That's one of our best guns," he said.

"Yeah it's a great gun, I got it at level 44 in the game, but that was because a friend of my dooped it for me," I had my pile of guns ready and then I replayed what he just said.

"Did you just say our guns" I asked him.

"Uh no, I meant to say one of Hyperion's best guns," he quickly said.

"You're a Hyperion fanboy I can tell," I said.

"Yeah haha kind of," he admitted.

"I used to be too," I said.

"Used to be?" He asked.

"Well between you and me, I had the biggest crush on Handome Jack and hated him at the same time," I said, "but that was before all this happened."

"The whole merging of worlds."

"Yeah. Now that this is my reality, Hyperion is just...I don't know, it's another place I guess. Now that all of this has been made possible, it's not as exciting as I thought it would be." I said.

"And what about Jack?"

"He's still crazy as hell."

"Hahaha that is true," Aaron said, "Jack's still a crazy sonuvabitch."