ix

harry's pov:

"Lily.. Lily!" I yell as she runs out of my classroom; my chest is heaving up and down at the intensity of our impromptu make out session, and even though my mind is telling me to let her go, my heart just won't let me do that so easily. She's out of sight by the time I get my head screwed on straight. Running down the hall like a bloody maniac, I see her small frame rushing across the concrete towards the teacher's car park. I stay still in my tracks as I watch her get into her black vehicle; I need to catch her before she pulls out and leaves because I don't want to be creepy and follow her back to her flat without permission.

I push the back doors open of the school, and I run towards her, trying to reach her as quickly as possible. As I get closer to her, I can see her dark, dirty blonde hair through her windshield, but I can't see her beautiful bright eyes because she's looking to the floor. My feet take me to the side of her car without even thinking, and I watch her bang her forehead against the steering wheel. Her small, red polished fingers swipe across her face, capturing the moisture that has fallen down; I can't bear to see her like this.. so vulnerable, so weak.. all because of me, so I bring my knuckles to the window.

After a few short breaths, I finally build the courage to knock softly to get her attention. Her face instantly snaps up to me, and her ocean blue eyes have turned into a deep shade of grey because of her sorrow; her irises look like dark clouds, filled with rain, about to erupt into a horrendous thunderstorm. I can actually see the storm that's coming for me and based on the feelings she gave me as our lips connected, I know I'm about to be swept into the flood.

She presses a button that automatically lowers the window; I can clearly see her rosy cheeks stained with distressed tears. Again, she swipes under her eyes to wipe away her smeared mascara. Man, she's so beautiful. Even in her worst state, the sight of her still manages to knock the breath right out of my lungs. She stays quiet as she stares at me, up and down, waiting for me to speak, but my mouth has fallen open, and I can't seem to spit out the words I was ready to say a few moments ago. Why is she crying? Why is she so upset by this? Was the kiss that bad? Questions that I can't seem to ask whirl around my mind at a million miles per second. She begins to roll the window back up when I don't speak, and that's when it clicks.

"Lily.." I breathe out, stopping her movements. "I'm sorry.. What's wrong?"

Her eyes go wide as she takes in my question; it's a simple one, but by the sadness in her eyes, I know it's a difficult answer. There's a lot of things wrong right now with her, and I want her to explain to me everything that I can fix. "What's wrong? Really? I just kissed my boss again; the second time in the past three days, and I can't seem to wrap my head around why I keep doing so. You're engaged. You're six years older than me, and I barely even know you, yet I can't stop attaching my lips to yours. I'm sorry.. so sorry. I'll talk to Mr. Payne; I'll quit or transfer classrooms. I'm just so sorry for making you uncom-"

"Stop, just stop," I interrupt her. "Get out of the car."

"What? No."

"Just please.. get out of the car," I beg. I let out a sigh of relief as I watch her unbuckle her seat belt and open the door to her vehicle. I run my hair through my curls as she continues to rub the moisture off of her cheeks and under her eyes. She looks up at me with those inviting eyes, and I place my thick hands on her warm cheeks. "You.. did nothing wrong. If anyone is in the wrong, it's me. I am the taken man, yet here I am, chasing after a beautiful, young woman because she just awoke something inside of me that I didn't know was possible with one simple kiss. I can't seem to stop thinking about you, Miss Woods."

"It's Lily," she smiles shyly and bites down on her bottom lip as she stares into my emerald eyes. I move my right hand down to her lips, and I pull the bottom one away from her teeth.