22nd December

Two years, it has been two years with my lovely girlfriend, Laia.

She has been there with me during my time in Barcelona and she even went along with me to England, when I got my new contract with Arsenal.

She was always by my side, supported me all the time and would cheer me up whenever we lost or I didn't get to play.

I always thought that Laia is the one for me, but guess what she wasn't. Right now I'm sitting in a coffee shop, not the one I'm normally visiting, since it just reminds me too much of my time with Laia.

"Do you need anything?" A nice blond waitress asks me as she stands in front of my table. "Could I get a cup of coffee and a blueberry muffin, please?"

She nods and quickly gets me my order. In the meantime I just sink into memories of Laia and me together.

Even my teammates and my coach has noticed that I haven't played that well ever since she broke up with me and the rumours about it don't make it any better.

I think everyone has heard about it by now. If not, they are telling, that she broke up with me because I couldn't keep up with her in bed and then they also blamed all my bed performances on the pitch on this whole bedroom affair.

I hate it.

"Here your coffee and your muffin." I don't even look up too engrossed in my thoughts. "I'm sorry, but aren't you that one player from Arsenal?"

I nod and finally look up to the waitress. "Yeah, Alexis, nice to meet you." I point at the chair on the other side of the table.

After looking around the coffee shop and sees that nobody is there, she sits down.

"Lisa, nice to meet you." I smile. She doesn't seem like some crazy fan, so I don't think I have to worry.

"So may I ask why you look so sad ever since you entered and sat down here?" Just like that all the memories come back."

"My girlfriend just broke up with me and now everyone is talking and writing about it." "Oh, I'm sorry. I guess you don't want to talk about it then." We both laugh.

"So how long have you been working here?" It may seem strange to ask that, but I just don't want to talk about myself right now, and I really don't know how else I should start the conversation.

"Oh, just two months ago. And how long have you been playing for Arsenal?" I smile.

"I came here from Barcelona last summer so in 2014. And I have to say even though I sometime miss the warmth, I really like it so far."

We talk all afternoon and even as her shift ends we decide to spend some more time together. She is really easy to talk to and I love it that she doesn't always want to talk about my career.

Now that I talk to her, I don't really think about Laia anymore and I also kind of realise that it wasn't that easy to talk with her.

Maybe she wasn't the right one for me from the start and I just didn't realise it.

"So, what do you think about a visit to the cinema?" "Sure, which movie?" I love it, Laia has never been that spontaneous.

"I don't know if you will like it, but I actually want to watch the new Star Wars film." "Yes, I want to. I absolutely love these films."

Finally, someone who understands me. Well maybe, fate just wanted us to meet today. Maybe it was destiny that I went to this café today and not to my normal one.

And maybe it was fate that Lisa's shift was just when I was there.

One will never know. But what I know is that I absolutely love spending time with her and that I totally want to meet up again. And maybe there will be more to come.

What do people say? In football and love you never know what is to come.