Chapter One: Happy Sixteenth.

"Oh My Gosh! Zach you just hit a million views!" squealed my best friend Ava. 

"What? No way!" I said excitedly scrambling across my messy bed to look at the computer screen. My eyes widened in pure shock when I saw she was right, my youtube clip had just hit a million views, and every time I refreshed the page there would be one more. 

"Ah your gonna be famous!" she said throwing her arms around my neck and grinning happily.

"Wow." was all I could say, I was still in shock, I couldn't believe my little guitar rift and lyrics had gotten this much attention. 

"And guess what else is great about today?" said Ava brushing her messy blonde hair out of her face. 

"Im turning sixteen?" I said with a grin. 

"No silly!" she chastised, "You get to spend the whole day with me!" 

I laughed, "I thought birthdays were suppose to be fun." 

"Hey!" she said shoving my arm. "I got something great planned, some come on get up and get in the shower." 

Doing as she said I yawned and got up out of my bed, scratching my head as I did so, "You use my bathroom, i'll go down the hall." 

"Deal." she said jumping up and running into my bathroom. 

I rolled my eyes and grabbed a pair of grey jeans, grey boxers and a black vest top before walking out my room and down the hallway, I went past my mom and dads room, my brothers room and the stairs before finally I came to the bathroom at the end of the hall.

I was on a high, some sort of buzz was in my veins, maybe it was because I was turning sixteen, maybe it was because I was going to spend the day with my best friend or maybe it was because I just hit a million view on youtube in less that two days. But whatever it was it made me sing cheesy songs in the shower until I heard my brother complaining from outside. 

"Zach, bro, shut the hell up." he said banging on the door. 

So I sang louder. 

"Seriously! I was enjoying my sleep." 

I laughed out loud but stopped and jumped out the shower, "See i've stopped, happy now." 

"Thank god for that." 

I wrapped a towel around my waist and shoved my wet hair out of my face before pulling on my boxers and going back to my room, but my brother was in my way. 

"Ava just old me you hit a million views! Bro, thats great, you must be excited right?" said my twelve year old brother, Seth. 

"Yeah, I'm still trying to get my head round it to be honest." I said trying to keep calm, I could freak out when me and Ava left the house for now I was still processing it in my head. 

"I guess all that practising did pay off." he said with a smile. 

"Yhupp, Seth do me a favour, when mom and dad wake up tell them i've gone out with Ava and i'll be back soon."

"Aww going out with your girlfriend?" he said dragging out the end of the sentence. 

"Shut up Seth, she's just my mate."

"Yeah right." 

I rolled my eyes and went past him back into my bedroom, I could hear Ava using the hair dryer in the bathroom so I took this opportunity to get dressed. While I pulled my clothes on I thought about what Seth said, did it really look like Ava and I were dating? Did I look like her boyfriend? Like I wanted to date her? She's a beautiful girl but..wouldn't that be awkward? After all I've known her forever...she wouldn't want to date me anyway.