Prologue

Trigger Warning: this chapter contains the issue of suicide, so please don't read on if this subject upsets you.

Bethany Knight stood in front of the bathroom mirror. Her lips trembled  and her hands shook as she contemplated ending it all. All it would take was one flick of a razor across her wrist. It was funny how after all the years of suffering in silence, it could all end in a matter of minutes, seconds even. A crazed laugh left her lips because for once she was in control. The voices in her head was urging, begging her even to stop what she was doing but she didn't have the heart to listen. Who's going to miss me?,she thought to herself. A strangled sob escaped her mouth at that thought alone. In her eyes she was useless, worthless, a piece of dirt, in her eyes she was saving others the trouble of looking after her. What about your sister? She looks up to you. If you do this, it will destroy her, Bethany's mind made one more feeble attempt to make her rethink her actions.Oh Mal, she thought. Memories of Beth and her younger sister flashed through her mind but she forced herself to shake all thoughts of her sister out of her head. She'll get over it, she has to. With one last moment of hesitation, Beth ended her life. Her body collided with the cold, tile floor, her eyes fluttering shut. An hour later, Beth's lifeless body was found by the same sister who wasn't enough to make her stay.

What do you think? Please vote or comment on your first impressions of the book. Thank you😍.