Chapter 5

Once I finished telling them everything, they sat there in silence.

I looked at each of their faces as they took in what I told them.

They looked deadly and I would've been frightened but I know they wouldn't hurt me.

"I'm going to kill them!" Rebekah growled, after a while, as she stood up.

I noticed Kol's hands were clenched tightly together. it was like he was restraining himself from doing something.

I sighed, "You don't need to kill them."

Rebekah looked at me confused, "Why?"

"Well they're gone and they're not coming back. I just want to move on."

"But they hurt you, Isa and they should pay." My Dad said and I turned my head towards him.

I sigh, again, "You're not going to listen to me, are you?".

They looked to each other and then back to me. They shook their heads.

I groaned and stood up.

"Fine, whatever, do what you want."

I don't even know why I walked off. For some reason, I feel irritated.

Why do I care if they live or die?

No, that's not the problem. It's the fact that my 'family' didn't listen to me and ignore what I wanted.

I mean the Cullens are gone and I'm happy about that. Why can't they just leave it be.

Well, then again, they are Mikaelsons, I thought with a slight smile.

I shake my irritation off, knowing I'm being irrational. They're just trying to protect me.

I go through my backpack and start putting stuff away. As I'm looking through my bag, I see my copy of Wuthering Heights. I didn't even realize I packed it but I'm glad I did. Once, I've put the rest of my things away, I sit on my bed and read my book.

I read for a little while, before I decide to go downstairs to get something to eat and apologize for my earlier behavior.

When I arrive in the kitchen, I see Kol sitting down at the table, reading something.

He looks up at me.

I smile at him, slightly blushing, "You wouldn't mind if make myself something to eat, would you?"

He chuckles, "Off course not but you don't have to, we have maids to do that."

I shook my head, "No, I want to cook my own food."

Still chucking, he raises his hands in mock surrender, "Okay, okay, I was just saying."

I laugh slightly and then we are in comfortable silence. He goes back to reading and I make myself Macaroni and Cheese.

It doesn't take me long to make and, when I'm done, I sit at the table, across from Kol.

I'm nearly finished when I ask Kol, "So, what are you reading?"

"Just reading up on Cold Ones."

I clear my throat, "Yeah, about that. Sorry for acting the way I did earlier."

He shrugs, "You don't need to apologize."

"I feel like I do."

He smiles at me, "Well, you don't"

I laugh a little and get up to put my plate away.

"I'll do it." Kol says and in a flash my plate is gone and he's by the dish washer.

I walk up to him and stand in front of him, with my hands on my hips and an eyebrow raised, "I could've done that you know."

He smirks, "I know."

I relax as he wraps his arms around me. I always enjoy hugging him, I feel safe when I'm encased in his arms.

He pulls back and looks down at me. He raises his hand and cups my cheek, his thumb softly stroking my cheek and tracing my lips.

I don't realize we were leaning towards each other until I feel his breath on my lips.

"Bella-" He breathes before I push myself up and place my lips over his, in a soft, slow kiss.

He responds and deepens the kiss. I wrap my arms 'round his neck and he places his hands on my waist.

His tongue traces my lower lip begging me to open my mouth, which I do.

Our tongues meet and I moan into his mouth. He growls and moves his hands to the back of my thighs and picks me up.

I wrap my legs tightly around his waist as my back hits the fridge door.

We continue to kiss and I don't know how much I can take.

He pushes into me and I feel his erection pressing into my center. I moan, it feels so good.

"Kol," I say between kisses, I push on his chest slightly, "We need to stop."

He pulls back and we are both panting. He kisses me again and rests his forehead against mine.

We don't say anything, we just stay where we are trying to calm our breathing.

We hear the front door open. He lowers me to the ground and steps away from me.

I can't believe we just did that, I've always felt something for Kol but I'm not sure he felt the same way.

Was the kiss proof that he does or was it just a spur of the moment thing.

I blush and look at him, I open my mouth about to say something before I hear voices coming from the hallway, so I close my mouth.

I'm not sure what to do. Elijah enters the kitchen with Finn.

I look at Kol one more time before I walk pass them and towards my room.