Chapter 3: Stanley

There is this boy, his name is Stanley. I remember his face. Big, wide brown eyes. He had funny ears, they were big, really big. He wasn't very intelligent, but he tried. There, at spain, classes weren't divided into groups depending on their intelligece; they actually were just ordinary kids mixed up. That is a thing I hated! I could have very intelligent people in my class (I can remember one very well, she was superdotated and her name was Matilda) and you could also have very stupid ones. This one, Stanley, wasn't nor intelligent, nor stupid. He tried to participate in class and stand-out, but he actually was quite normal. Although he tried, he wasn't the type of kid who stood up in front of the class and made everyone in the class laugh. As I like to say he's was not a boy of 10 otherwise I can firmly say he was a boy of 8. Like everybody he had bad days, day where he could get a 1 or even a 0 in my quizes. He isn't very tall, but there are people smaller then him.

The strangest thing about him was that he was allergic to cotton. He allways had to wear his P.E. uniform. I remember perfectly the first day at that school. I was checking the classes I was going to have that year. I already knew I was going to be the tutor of 11Y but I didn't know what classes I could get. I started reading the list and the first class was 9Z, I looked down at the other 3, 8T,7W and 7Y. I had already heard about their reputation in Primary but now it wasn't the same, now I was their teacher.

It was my first day at the new school and my class was taking place the first period. He entered the first and quickly sat down at the back row with another pair of friends. I knew what they were thinking < Here, at the back the teacher doesn't see us. We can talk all the class > but they were wrong. Everybody came in and stayed stood up behind their chairs. This was a symbol of respect. Suddenly I saw Stanley's trousers. They were P.E. trousers. I told him to go to lost properties and get normal trousers. He sould change them. I also asked for his planner, and like every teacher would do, I wrote him a sanction. When he came back with normal trousers all his head was red. I asked him what happend to him and he tried to speak, but he couldn't. I called the nurse and she came. After about 10 minutes an ambulance came and took him to the hospital. I tried to ask as normal because nobody knew what happend to him.

When the day was nearly over I recieved a call from Stanley's parents. I talked to them for a while and they told me he was allergic to cotton. They told me they had complained about me. I reached home exausted willing to go to bed and read a book when suddenly the police came to my place. I was preparing a soup for dinner. They took me out of the kitchen and asked me some questions. They went and I went back to the kitchen. I oppened the door and suddenly an enormous flame nearly burned all my head. I then had to call the firemen.

Finally I layed down on bed and started to read a new book I just bought, it was fantastic. It was called He Is My Brother by potatocompany and I absolutley enjoyed it. Before turning off the light I though about something, about today. My first day at school and already the class hates me, I just got a complain and I didn't have a kitchen. I couldn't sleep that night.