Tragedy Strikes

**Jeremy**

I was in class looking straight a head and listening to Mrs. JONES talk about nothing. When all of a sudden I heard Lashea answer her phone, which is odd because she never uses her phone during class. I caught myself staring again and was quickly pulled back when I all of a sudden heard Lashea scream. I asked her what was wrong being as though I care deeply for her. But what she said next I was no where near prepared for.

All I heard was Lashea say " she dying" she was referring to her mother. Next Thing I knew I had picked her up and I was running to my car as fast as I could. I gently put her in the passenger seat, hopped in the drivers seat asked what hospital and we were off. As I drove I sat and realized that I had actually called her Shea for the first time. It kinda made me smile because I've always preferred her full name Lashea...

**Lashea**

_flashback_**10 years earlier**

It was the first time my dad had held me in months and I was loving every moment of it. "baby girl let's go home, hurry and get in the car" he said. "Ok daddy" I said innocently. It seemed like it was no time and we were home. I hurried and unbuckled my seat belt and jumped up and ran back into his arms hoping to never leave them ever again...

**Present**

"Lashea" I heard a male voice say forgetting were I was for a minute. "Yes Jeremy" I said speaking for the first since I told him what hospital to go to. "we're here" he said with a hint of sadness in his voice.

I got out the car and started running too the entrance of the hospital as fast as I could. I wasn't even thinking about the fact that I left Jeremy behind. He'll catch up I thought and continued on my search to find my mama. I made it to the front desk and asked the clerk my moms room number and the Bitch had a nerve to have an attitude about it.

"Hello I'm looking for Michelle Austin" I said trying to catch my breath. " Are you family" she asked with a slight attitude. " Yes I'm her daughter I said trying to be nice even though she was truly pissing me off. " I need to see yo Id before you can go back" she said with a unprofessional tone. I looked at her in disbelief and went in. " Look you unprofessional Bitch if you don't tell me what room my mother is in I'm going to jump over this counter and kick yo dumb ass!! I said drawing attention to us but I didn't care my mom was dying. " Look you don't have to be disrespectful and who you think you calling a Bitch" she said while getting up from her chair. " I'm calling you a Bitch! you wanna do something about It" I said bucking up at her ready to fight. As soon as I reached my hand out to slap the Bitch I heard some one say " Calm down Lashea let me handle it" Jeremy said all the while pushing me to the side to get some information.

"Excuse me Ms my friend is a little on edge can you please give me the room number to her mothers room" He said and smiled causing the Lady to sit back down and smile. " Yes give me one moment" she said to Jeremy then turned and looked at me and rolled her eyes. " You got one more time I said looking her dead in her ugly face. I mean come on she had to be at least 300 pounds, black as tar with a weave that looked like it hadn't been done in two years. "Ugh!" I said overly frustrated. "she's on the third floor in the cancer ward room 4545. "I glanced at Jeremy and seen a look of shock on his face. "what's up with him" I thought to myself. "Did you say 4545" Jeremy asked again with the same look on his face. "Yes" the clerk said again before helping someone behind us.

**Jeremy**

I was getting out the car when I heard the passenger door shut and seen Lashea take off. "Oh shoot"I said jumping up slamming the door and running behind her. " Lashea" I said but I don't think she heard me because she never looked back. I was jogging behind her when I felt my phone vibrate. I was half way to the door when I stopped and looked at my phone. "Fuck" I cussed under my tongue. What does she want now I thought.