4

As Jared pulled into my apartment complex, I didn't even wait for him to park the car before I ran to my door, fumbling with my keys. I dropped the towel in the living room and ran straight into the bathroom to see that all of my makeup had come off.
"Fuck," I whispered, praying to Jesus that neither one of them had seen anything. I could hear them talking as they walked into my apartment, "Why is she freaking out, dude?" I heard Jensen ask. Hopefully, Jared wouldn't know anything. "Honestly, I'm not even sure," Jared said, sighing which in return made my stress levels decrease.
     As I peeled the wet clothes from my body, I turned the shower on to let the water warm up, and turned to the full length mirror hanging on the back of my bathroom door. I stared at my body, instantly feeling repulsed. Each bruise that covered my body came with a horrific memory that I never wanted to relive, but constantly did each night in a collage of dreams. Sighing, I took my contacts out so I wouldn't mess them up, and got into the shower, watching as the rest of my makeup ran down the drain with the water.
     My body was raw as I had scrubbed so hard, trying to peel the bruises from my skin, as I did every night, but only making them that much worse; It made me feel clean again.
As I got out of the shower, I put my glasses on and wrapped my hair in a towel, before putting on some panties and the matching bra set, and a white sweater that went down to my knees. Sadly, enough, this sweater used to fit me. As I slipped on a pair of socks, I walked into my kitchen to make coffee, forgetting about my cousin and his friend.
"So, Kendall, Where is Marcus?" Jared asked, sipping on a beer with Jensen as they watched the game. 
"Jesus H Christ!," I panted, turning the coffee pot on, "I forgot you were here," I mumbled, picking up the towel and putting it in my laundry room. Jared chuckled, looking at me and smiled, as did Jensen.
"Marcus, is um out of town, for a business trip," I smiled, lying straight through my teeth, as I poured myself a cup of coffee.
"Hey, will you throw this away?" Jared asked, holding out his bottle. I nodded and smiled, walking over to him to get his empty bottle before he started laughing.
"Good one, Ken, but come on, Halloween is a few months away," He smiled, standing up. Tilting my head slightly to the side, I looked at him oddly.
"What the hell are you talking about?" I asked, tossing the bottle into the can and grabbing two more, one for Jared and the other for Jensen.
"The purple contacts, Ken, seriously?" Jared shook his head, making my eyes go wide before I nervously laughed. Fuck.
"Yep, haha, I uh was trying to see if you would notice?" I slightly asked towards the end, as Jared whipped out his wallet and pulled out two twenties.
"Well, I did," he chuckled, "And we ordered pizza, and we are staying here tonight," He smiled up at me, sweetly. I slightly looked over at Jensen who looked completely embarrassed and slightly uncomfortable.
"Yeah, that's completely fine, I have a guest bedroom," I smiled, sweetly before returning to the bathroom in a hurry to put my contacts back in. I sucked in a deep breath, as I walked into my room, before grabbing two pairs of sweat pants that would likely be a little big on Jensen, seeing as Marcus was a little taller than him.
"Here," I smiled, putting the folded pants on the coffee table, before sitting in my small black chair alone. 
"They might be a little big on you, seeing as you are slightly shorter than Marcus is," I smiled, looking over at Jensen who seemed to smile back.
"Thank you," he said, "We left our bags back at the house, and it would have been a pain to sleep in jeans," he chuckled, making me giggle softly to myself. I sipped my coffee slowly, tugging at the sleeves of my sweater to make sure they don't show anything.
     About thirty or so minutes later, the doorbell rung making me jump up, on instinct, as the guys cheered for the game. I grabbed the money and paid for the pizza before turning around to see Jared staring at me intensely.
"What?" I whispered, setting the pizza on the counter.
"What the fuck is that?" Jared asked, making me look all over the apartment for something that might be out of place.
"What?" I asked, my anxiety levels rising.
"On, your ankle, Kendall," He said, making me look down before my breath dropped. Fuck. I forgot about those. My brain began working at a million miles a minute, to come up with a decent enough lie to get him off my back for the time being.
"Jared," I heard Jensen whisper, "No, Jensen, this is serious,"
"Kendall," he said, standing up, "What. Is. That," he pointed.
"A bruise," my mouth instantly said, making the smart ass side of me come out, holy shit I was about to get my ass beat again.
"How'd it get there?" he asked, his voice was soft but full of venom.
"I- um- it- uh," I mumbled, trying but there was nothing.
"The truth, Kendall, please tell me the truth," this time, Jared's voice was full of concern.
"Marcus," I whispered, letting my secret fall out of my mouth.
"Are there more?" he asked, I nodded softly.
"Show me," So I did. Slowly, but surely, I took my sweater off and dropped it on the floor, leaving my disgusting body on display for Jared and Jensen. I didn't feel uncomfortable being like this in front of either of them, I still felt safe. I knew Jared would never hard me in any way shape or form, and I didn't know Jensen enough to feel uncomfortable.
     Jared sucked a deep breath in, while Jensen's eyes were solely on the deep black bruises that lined my hips.
"Where is Marcus now?" Jared asked, his voice dripping in anger- but not at me.
"He's in Oklahoma, working, he'll be home in three weeks," I whispered, "when most of these have gone away."
 Jared stormed into the next room, I could hear him punching things and grunting, almost like the sounds Marcus makes when he comes home.
Suddenly, two strong arms were wrapped around me and my sweater was being put back on me.
"Come here," Jensen's sweet voice whispered, as he pulled me into a hug. It was only then that I noticed I had been crying.