5

Jensen gently walked me over to the couch, wrapping me in the knitted quilt that was on the back of the couch he had been sitting on. As I sat down, pulling my knees up to my chest, he pulled me close to him and rested his head on top of mine.
"Why are you being so kind? I've only just met you," I asked in a hushed voice. I felt him smile and breathe as he said, "'Cause I know what it feels like to have everything just suddenly fall apart. If I had someone to do this to me when I was going through my divorce, I think I would have felt a lot better through all of it," he explained, making me snuggle closer to him.
     Suddenly, during our silent comfort, Jared stopped and walked out of the room, looking more composed than I would have thought. He took in a deep breath as he saw Jensen and I and sat down on the chair directly in front of us.
"A few things. One: I want the complete truth. No lies, nothing, I want your life story right here right now with every little fucking detail. Two: When Jensen and I go back, you're coming with us. I'm not leaving you here to get killed by that fucker; You have no choice in this. Go," he said, leaning forward and clasping his hands together. I sat up, slightly, still in Jensen's embrace.
"Nothing started until mom.." I whispered, softly choking on my words, " you know.. after that happened, when Marcus and I ad very first started dating, and he found out that I wasn't getting anything... he.. he started hurting me. It wasn't bad at first, it was just a shove here and there and maybe like holding my wrists too tight. After a few months of that, he wanted.. sex," I stopped, looking Jared in the eyes, "But I didn't love him, so I refused. I didn't want my first time to be like that- with him. I never want it to be with him," I said, paying specific attention to the pretenses I used. Jared blew out a sigh of relief when he realized that Marcus hadn't raped me- yet. If I stayed here, I knew it was coming. Jensen's body became a little less tense when he too realized it.
"That's where I got these," I whispered, slowly unfurling my legs and spreading them so he saw the dark marks on my inner thighs, before I closed them.
"I hit him over the head with a vase that night and called the cops, I wasn't sure why but I never pressed charges- I think I was, and still am, too scared of him. After he came home from Jail, he got so much worse. He would slap me and punch me and just- honestly anything you could imagine. I tried to keep it silent, not wanting any of the neighbors to get involved, and it worked. The last time he saw me, he was drunk and he punched the wall next to my head, missing me by a few centimeters. I tried to run, but he threw something at me and I fell and he pulled me by the ankles back into the room. After that, he passed out from too much alcohol; he left the next morning for his trip. I keep getting these texts though- He just calls me ugly and fat and a freak." I explained, looking at Jensen's boots the whole time.
"Why would he call you a freak?" Jensen asked, before Jared could. I was too scared to show them, but I knew I had too. I couldn't keep this up any longer. Swallowing deeply, I pushed my blonde hair out of my face and put my glasses on the table. I turned, looking Jensen in the eyes, before sighing and taking my blue contacts out.
"I have blue contacts, I've been wearing them since I was 8, that's why we didn't meet until my 9th birthday party," I said, looking at Jared. He looked at me, shocked.
"How?" He asked, slowly sitting up.
"I have Alexandria's genesis. Basically, I have purple eyes and I am a super human. I have a chromosome most people don't have, making me practically immune to any sickness. I'm not though, It's just very rare that I get sick. Also, I don't grow hair other than on my head and eyes and eye brows. No leg hair, no arm hair, no under arm hair, nothing. I also don't get periods, and I am unable to tan or be sun burnt," I explained, watching Jensen smile from the corner of my eye.
**
That night, Jared booked a plane ticket for me and made me pack my bags. I was sitting on my bed, sad to be leaving my small apartment, but I knew it was for the greater good. I was not happy at all about the leave, but I needed it.
     There was a small knock on my door, making me turn to look at Jensen as he walked in. He handed me a plate with pizza on it and a beer, making me smile.
"Thank you," I whispered as I put it on my nightstand.
"I'm sorry," He said, suddenly, making me tilt my head in confusion.
"For what? You've done nothing but be kind to me," I smiled. He sat on the bed, facing me and looked me dead in the eyes.
"I'm apologizing for him. He can be slightly overbearing at times, but he's honestly a good man," Jensen, said, explaining my own cousin to me.
"I know, He's your blood, but he's changed since you last saw him. Him making you just pack up and leave, to follow us where ever we go, it's gonna be rough. But, we'll help you," He smiled, making me stand up and pull him up with me. I hugged him, tightly. It felt nice to be in someone's embrace like this, knowing that they weren't going to hurt me later on. I was probably trusting this man all too soon, but I couldn't help it. Slowly, his arms wrapped around my body, embracing me too. I wonder if he felt it too.
"I haven't been hugged in so long," he whispered, I could feel his lips quiver against my hair.
"I'll help you too, I know you must be going through some hard feelings right now," I whispered, looking up at him. He smiled, looking down at me before placing a small kiss on my forehead and walking out.