Chapter 2: Maple Leaves Part One

From Country to Country
Chapter 2: Maple Leaves Part One

Seth POV

I decided to start in Canada, it would make it easier to travel instead of going from the U.S. then Canada, then having to go back to the U.S. again. I guess I should begin then, I decided to start in the very East of Canada, again making it easier to travel. The first Province I'm starting in Newfoundland and Labrador, already looking through Nova Scotia and New Brunswick on the way here, but it doesn't look like she is going to be here.

"Hello? Sir?" i ask the elderly man who was sitting on a bench on the sidewalk, looking just as lost and confused as I was. He looks up to me and his eyes brighten up, I guess not many people come up to him, or speak to him.

"Why yes young man what is it?" he asks is a very cheerful voice. I smile at the man, for being so old he sure does have a spring in his step.

"Sir, are you perhaps lost? You seemed to be standing here for a while" I ask with concern, after all I hope that he's okay. He smiled brighter than anyone had ever seen, showing his eternal youth.

"No I am not actually, you see I'm waiting on my wife" He said with the smile never fading. I wonder who this woman is to make such an old man act like this, so cheerful and young.

"If you don't mind I'd like to meet this wife of yours" i ask hoping i will be able to meet the woman this man was so fond of.

"Well I don't see why not let, she should be here soon enough" he said while patting the seat next to me, obviously telling me to sit there.

I oblige and sit next to him in silence, patiently waiting for the woman. Thirty minutes go by and I start to wonder what I had gotten myself into, but since i didn't exactly have anywhere to be I continued to wait. An entire hour went by and now I'm seriously wondering what's going on I look over to the man and I see that his smile still hasn't dropped, my curiosity got the best of me.

"How long have you been waiting?" I ask the man, with curiosity in my voice. He looks over to me with a smile.

"Eight years" he says, a smile still on his face. My jaw drops. Eight years!?

"Why do you still wait for her she can't be worth that much time?" I ask even more curious than before. His smile never dropping, laughs jollily laughs.

"The wait isn't bad, when you consider the prize at the end" he said with a smile. This man is truly.....odd. He looks to me again, with knowing eyes and a slight smirk on the big smile of his.

"It seems were both two sides to the same coin, the waiter, me, and the seeker, you." he says. This man is definitely odd. How did he know?

"How did you know?" i ask skeptically. He laughs loudly and boisterously. Turning to me still laughing.

"I remember that look......my wife had the same one" he says with a laugh. This man truly is interesting, I start to laugh with him noticing the humor in our situation, we are both in the same situation, but our positions are reversed. I wonder....does ami do this as well? Does she sit on a bench in the street waiting for me?........Probably not.

"Well I've got to go, when she arrives I hope she's exactly the woman you made her out to be" i say with a smile nearly matching the man's.

"All right, goodbye young man, I wish you luck on your journey" he says waving by to me. I wave back saying my goodbyes once again. Definitely an interesting man....

After leaving the man i headed around the province looking for her, after coming up empty I decided that it would be smart to go in an up, down pattern so my next stop is Quebec!