S07E01 - Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again

For information about which actor/actress plays a character, look for the episode on my MrInigo1995 Fanfiction wikia.

Previously on 'The Vampire Diaries': Elena took the Cure and Damon wanted to take it with her. As Alaric and Jo were about to embark on a journey of marriage, Kai made a bloody appearance which killed all his family members. Liv encouraged Tyler to kill her so he could trigger the werewolf gene and heal. Elena was magically linked to Bonnie by Kai. And there's no witchy loophole. Kai tried to make Damon choose between Bonnie and Elena. The choice did not end well for Kai. Everyone said their goodbyes to Elena and she was safely sealed in the Salvatore crypt by Bonnie. Stefan professed his love to Caroline and declared that he will wait for her. And, last but not least, Lily reunited with her vampire family, the Heretics.

'Would you like another drink?' the black-haired bartender said with a heavy French accent. He smiled slightly at the beautiful woman sitting at the bar in front of him. What were his chances of looking at such an angelic face at his work place? Yes, there were other people in the bar who wanted their drinks as well. No, they were not as lovely as her.

'Sure', the woman said. She was just twenty years old. Long dark brown hair, friendly face, girl-next-door appearance... Yes, she got the pretty part down.

As the bartender made her another drink, she returned a smile. After all, he was not a bad-looking guy too. If this went well, they both might get lucky. At the same time, she felt an eerie presence in the room. Like someone, or something, was watching her. The thought slipped away when her drink was ready. Or was it because the bartender winked seductively at her? She couldn't distinguish what was the object of her forgetfulness.

The evening went on and the bartender got sexier with each drink. The music enchanted her a bit. It made the night better. She concluded that the song playing from the speakers was 'Chandelier', but by the original artist. It sounded familiar. Wasn't this Angus and Julia Stone? Well, it didn't matter anyway. Not when the barkeeper flexed his muscles to shake a drink for another customer. When it was time to close the bar, she was the only one left. She went outside and waited for him. Thank God that didn't take long. He smirked when he saw her standing on the other side of the street. Her smile got wider as he crossed the street.

'Hi, I'm Mikky', he introduced himself.

She tried to hold her laughter, but she couldn't. 'As in Mickey Mouse?' she snorted.

'No, but I was counting on you to say it. It's like Mikky Ekko, the singer.'

'Oh! I know him! He's good', she replied, although the word 'good' faded out because of the amount of drinks she had. 'Let's go somewhere quieter.' She stumbled towards the guy again. She tripped – apparently over her own feet – and was about to hit the ground hard. However, the kind bartender could catch her before she had some bruised memories of the night for the next day.

'I think I should bring you home. You're very drunk.' The bartender wasn't about to use this drunk – scratch that, VERY drunk – girl to get lucky. He liked some sexual activity as much as the next straight college guy, but that would be wrong. 'Where do you live?'

'In the U.S.A.', she said, though she sung the last part of her sentence like the Miley Cyrus-song.

'I figured. Maybe I should have said "where is your hotel?"', was his reply.

She giggled and said: 'Somewhere around here. I think it was that way.' She pointed at the end of the street, turned around and tilted her head. 'No, that way.' Again a giggle. 'I'm Debbie, by the way. Ever noticed how many expressions we have with "way"?'