S07E03 - A Date With Destiny

For information about which actor/actress plays a character, look for the episode on my MrInigo1995 Fanfiction wikia.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previously on 'The Vampire Diaries': Bonnie woke up from her spell to discover that the Heretics were present in Mystic Falls. She decided to make human friends. Matt and Caroline made a plan to stop them from wreaking more havoc, but that failed miserably as the Mystic Grill was attacked. Stefan told about his meeting with Lillian. As Mystic Falls was evacuated, Damon and Bonnie didn't want their town to be a ghost town which ultimately led to Malcolm's demise. Elena once again found herself in peril, but she did discover a name: Marge.

Stefan and Caroline were boxing up all of the Forbes' house belongings and covering all the furniture with sheets. Caroline had asked for his help after he had packed up his stuff in the Salvatore mansion. Because, with the deal between Lily and the new Sheriff of Mystic Falls, the town still needed protection and security. Trespassers were always bound to exist. College students going into the town because of a dare or a test to prove their bravery, horror fanatics and paranormal hunters who wanted to prove the town was deserted by something else than a mining fire... These were all possibilities and could make them victims of the Heretics.

So Stefan, Damon and Matt were going to stay in the Lockwood mansion while Alaric, Caroline and Bonnie would be at Whitmore College. The male trio would try to protect the town, although Stefan had his doubts about his brother. Yes, he had changed over the years. Especially since he had met Elena and had fallen for her. He had even protected the town from the Travelers. But now that his girlfriend was asleep in a coffin for the next sixty-somewhat years, that could change easily. Stefan was weary of his brother, but he also felt compassion towards him. Damon had spent the entire summer killing vampires in Europe. These vampires had been killing girls who looked like or had a personality that mirrored Elena. What better way to entertain yourself, Stefan thought to himself.

Other thoughts were roaming around in Stefan's head too. He had returned to Mystic Falls after a long search for his brother. So he had left Caroline behind. Now that he was back, it was kind of awkward. Which is of course logical because of his love confession to Caroline just before Alaric and Jo's – sadly - failed wedding. Stefan focused back on the conversation that Caroline and him were having about the new changes to the town.

'I still can't believe that you didn't enlighten us about Lily's family reappearance, Stefan', Caroline said. 'You could have at least done that.'

'I believed that they were going to keep quiet, but I was evidently wrong', Stefan defended himself. 'I'm sorry for that.'

Caroline left it at that. She really didn't want to argue with Stefan. Not after everything that had happened and was said between them. But one thing was creeping up in her soul, something that worried her.

'Are we making a huge mistake handing over our hometown to a bunch of supernatural terrorists?' Caroline asked as a statement.

'Yeah, probably', Stefan shrugged jokingly.

Caroline didn't appreciate that kind of answer. 'Stop!' I'm a control freak giving up control. I'm delicate right now', she pouted.

INSERT SONG: Draw Your Swords – Angus and Julia Stone

Stefan draped one of the sheets over a couch and stared at Caroline. Of course this would be hard on her: leaving this town behind her; the town that her mother had been protecting for almost her entire life. She wouldn't be Caroline if she didn't take this change in the communal weather at heart.