01.

oh, leo.

you didn't have to go, you know?

on the day you left, before you got into your light green volkswagon beetle and drove away, you told me: "look, alice, there's no point in staying in this town. no one here actually cares for me. so what's the point?"

the point is, leo, that i care for you.

of course, i didn't expect you to realize that. you always seemed too stuck in your thoughts to actually see what was going on around you. you were just oblivious to the world, and everyone else in it. and i think, most of all, me.

which is kind of ironic, since we did everything together. everything, leo. i was your best friend. and now you've gone off and left me on my own, in this cold, dreary little town.

in fact, you didn't even bother asking me if i wanted to come. you just told me, out of the blue, that you were leaving. no warning, no nothing at all.

i had always been with you through thick and thin. and i think, after a while, you just began to take me for granted. like i was just something you could use for a while and then throw away when you didn't think i had a use anymore.

it hurts, leo. it hurts a lot. 

i've never really had the courage to tell you before. maybe that's why i'm writing these letters to you. somehow, i guess, they give me the courage i need, to say what i couldn't say before. 

although, maybe, if you come back, we can start over again. because, i do miss you, leo. i do.

i'll always be here for you. no matter what. even if you aren't always there for me.

please don't forget me,

alice