Therapy.

Physical therapy has been rougher than she had originally thought. Though, therapy with Mrs.Reed has been quite boring to be honest. They talk about her life growing up and trying to build the muscle in her leg back up, while she's complaining about the awful protein shakes she has to drink. But never quite her emotions, until now.

"Good morning, Ms.Carter. How are you feeling?" she gestured her to take a seat.

"Okay, I guess." she sat down, placing her cane next to her.

"I guess? Is there anything bothering you? Anything specific?"

"Not that can think of." Melody shook her head.

"I know that you are going through a hard time. An-" Mrs.Reed was cut off.

"A hard time, is an understatement." Melody said bitterly, Mrs.Reed sighs.

"God has a plan for everyone, sweetheart. But it's up to you to take it. Loosing them isn't the end of the world. One day your gonna fall in love and have a family of your own." as she talked a drapetomania and rage had settled its way in Melody, then Mrs.Reed grabs her hand.

"Don't touch me!" Melody semisnaps, jolting her hand back.

"Honey, I'm just trying to help!"

"Well, your not! My life has been nothing but useless! I've thanked God for this, and that, and everything in-between! And how does He treat me? He took away the people I loved the most! So spare the "God talk" because isn't going help!" Melody stormed to the door.

"I'm trying to get you to express your feelings!" Mrs.Reed got up.

"By antagonizing me? Using God and other bullcrap!" Melody started to cry, leaning on her crutch.

"Sweetheart, Melody!" she moved in front of the coffee table.

"No! And stop calling me sweetheart and honey, it's infuriating!" Melody left slamming the door, walking as fast as she can, still limping down the halls of the hospital.

Fleeing down the hospital halls crying, trying as hard as she to get her room. "I don't want to see anyone! I just wanna be alone, and cry in solitude! I'm tried of her antagonizing me and trying to force it out of me. I don't even know how I feel about this anymore. I can't go to college, no one is going to adopt me, and I'm so confused about what I'm going to do with my life, now." She thought the entire way.

Almost there, the crutch slips under her. Falling, she put her hands first, but still managed to hit her jaw on the floor. Not caring if people are staring, she kept crying there on the floor. She attempted to get up when a nurse tried to help her up.

"Just leave me alone!!" she pushed the nurse, causing her fall onto the floor.

"Just go, Jessie." said the nurse, who was truthful to her.

"Did you hurt yourself?" she scooted near her.

"My jaw hurts." Melody looked up at her, sniffling.

"Let me see." she lifted her jaw and examined.

"Let's get you to your room, and then get you an ice pack."

She lifted her up, helped her into the room, and onto the bed.

"I'll be right back."

She came back with a small, but really cold ice pack.

"What happened with Mrs.Reed?" the nurse was concerned.

"I feel like she's pushing me. And I don't like it." Melody gripped with the blanket, while holding the ice pack up to her jaw.

"That's her job to get you to express how you feel, though. Even if it means forcing it out of you. I know it seems mean, but the point is to talk about it. And if don't do that, she'll have to find other means to get it out of you." she explained.

"But what if I don't know how I feel. It's depressing, I know that much. It's frustrating because I don't know what I'm going to do anymore. I have no family, my plans for college are gone, and I really doubt that anyone is going adopt a seventeen year-old girl!" Melody buries her face into her free hand.

"It'll be okay, you'll figure something out. Since you only got five days left, I'll see if I can get the doctor to cancel the rest of your therapy with her." she wiped away a single tear streaming down Melody's cheek.

She began to leave when Melody grabs her hand. When she looked back, Melody was smiling.

"Thank you, Cassey." she gave a hesitant giggle.

Mrs.Reed's therapy was cancelled, and now it was her last day at the hospital. Fay walked in with a small suit case, but she was oddly quiet.

"Hey." Melody was happy to see her.

"Hey." Fay climbed up onto her bed and sat down.

"Is everything thing okay?" Melody was concerned.

"I just don't wanna let you go!" she began to cry.

"Hey! Hey! It'll be okay. I know we might not see each other for a long time, but that doesn't mean we can't talk over the phone or by mail." she hugged Fay.

"I know. I got all things you'll need and the sentimentals you wanted." she wipes her eyes dry.

"Thank you. You've been a great friend and I really hope to see you again." Melody smile ever so lovingly.

Then Melody and Fay talked the night away.