I never got to say goodbye.

"Hurry up, Melody!" her mother yelled throughout the house.

"Seriously! I have to pee, dude." her brother banged repeatedly on the bathroom door.

"I'll learn to be quicker when you to move out." she said through the door.

Her brother was twenty and she was seventeen. They had a special bond as siblings. Melody was always made fun of, because she had an eccentric imagination. She would believe that everything was magic, that vacuums had magic black holes sucking up dust to be never seen again. Then she thought babies were made by the ultimate spell of love between two people. And God was the great wizard that made everything happen. Many of the kids called her stupid, idiot, and eventually childish. So he protected her from the bullies at school. And made sure she wasn't lonely.

Though as they grew older she found friends, channeled her wild mind into the arts, and he started going to college. But that doesn't mean that they don't hang out and play a videogame together.

The door burst wide open and there's Melody all dolled up and ready to go.

"All yours." she patted him on the back.

Once he was done they all met at the front door.

"Are we all ready?" their mother inquired.

"Yes, ma'am." they responded.

So, out the door they went to see a new movie that had just came out.

It was about a spy who lost his memory and started a new life as an illegal racer. Due to a misunderstanding he gets into trouble with a racing gang and the secret service. And he has to find his out of the terrible situation.

Everyone has been crazy over it so there were going to be a lot of people there.

After the movie......

The movie was fantastic! The place was so crowd that the family lost each other trying to get out.

Out at the car they get in and head home. Getting out the parking parking lot was hell.

On the highway the family was talking away about the movie. When a white van speeding, rams their car. And they swerve violently to side causing them to flip several times.

Melody's vision is going in and out. She sees firemen and ambulances as she is in and out. But eventually everything goes black for good.

Two days later....

Melody wakes up, and all she sees is monitors, fluid bags, and needles. She lays there quietly for several minutes looking around, wondering what happened.

A nurse walks in, but stops in mid track when she notices that she's awake.

"Your awake." she smile so widely "Let me take some of these out." she continued to take out one of the needles out of her arm and take the oxygen mask off.

"What happened?" Melody inquired.

"Ah...You were in a car crash." she answered.

"My Mom and Dad? Are they okay? And my brother?" she looked to the nurse worried.

"Uh...Yes, they're fine. Badly hurt but fine." she smiled again, doing more medical stuff.

Melody is relieved. And relaxes ever so lightly.

"I'll go get the doctor." and with that statement she left.

So, what felt like forever waiting for the doctor, was actually about twenty minutes later.

Finally the doctor walks in and states Melody's present condition.

"Miss Carter, you were in a very severe accident. You broke a few ribs, one of your legs, and sprained your wrist." he told her.

"Wow, really." she hadn't felt any pain yet, do to just waking, because everything was numb.

"How long was I out?" she asked.

"About two days. But you gonna be here about two months. Six weeks for your bones to heal, then two more for physical therapy." he answered and explained.

"Ok, but when will I be able to see my family?" she look to him, hopeful.

"Uh...I don't know yet, but we'll let you know." he said a bit saddened.

Melody starts squeezing the bed sheets, making faces, and groans in pain.

"I'll go get go some pain medication. Do you get sick when you take strong medication?" he stood and asked her.

"I don't know. I've never really took anything strong before except maybe migraine medicine." she answered.

"Ok, I'll have a nurse bring you some meds and a puke bag, just in case." she nodded, then he left.

The doctor walked out the room and to nurses to give the prescription he wants to give her.

"And make sure she has a puke bag." he requested.

"Do we really have to lie to her?" the nurse said worried.

"No, but its best that we do. It's for her own good." he explained.

The nurses now in a gloomy atmosphere.

Two weeks later......

"It's been two weeks, doctor! I don't think we can keep this up." the nurse yelled at the doctor.

The doctor stopped in mid track, rubbing his face in irritation and looks at the nurse.

"I think she's already gotten wind of something, that somethings wrong." she alluded.

"It's been two weeks and all I've done is watch Supernatural and Z Nation. Why won't they let me see them." she sighs at her thoughts.

The nurse walks in with a tray of food rolling her way. And she hits the button that raises the bed.

"When can I talk to them? Can't I at talk to them over the phone, at least?" Melody pesters her.

"I don't know." she answered, refusing to look at her.

"What do you mean, I don't know?" she baggered her.

The nurse darts for the door.

"Why won't you tell me yes or no!" she screamed at the nurse as she slamed the door behind her.

The nurse leans her back on the door, remembering the conversation from before.

"I looked up her relatives and her only uncle is in jail, and neither one of her grandparents are capable of taking her." she ranted at him.

"You know that DHS is going to take her away as soon as she is discharged." she nearly screamed at him.

"I know, I know, I don't want her to be upset and hurting herself." he explained.

"Yes, but the longer we wait the worst the heart ache is going to be!" she continued to lecture him.

"I don't have time for this, ok?" and with that he left.

Melody sighs with worry in her heart, that something is really wrong.

The nurse runs back into the room, stopping in front of her bed, crying.

"I'm s-sorry. They all died in the crash!" she yelled out.

"What?" Melody said shocked.

"I'm so sorry!" the nurse covered her mouth and run out the door.

Leaving Melody all alone.