Fossils

People hustled, bustled, and justled through the museum in one colossal crowd. As a particularly busy day at the Pewter City Science Museum, the round walls of the room echoed the irregular footprints of the urban visitors, all with a place to be and a time to be there. In that day alone, the museum was scheduled to have a school group from the trainer's school in Sinnoh arrive for the yearly lesson on Fossil Restoration, as well as receiving a shipment with the new and very rare Kalosan Aurora fossil, scheduled to arrive that day. The ever important Steven Stone was coming to see about a fossil of his own, which was always a extra stress upon the workers of the Center.

Three suitcases were to be delivered there. Three cases, identical in color and size, indistinguishable from each other, traveled into the Pewter City Museum of Science that day. Naturally, disaster was drawn to the situation, like a hurricane to the sandy beaches of Cinnabar Island.

As dawn came up upon the still sleepy city, Cassandra watched the museum like Spearow watching a Caterpie with the black tinted frames of her binoculars. Attempting to tie her curly hair back into her ponytail, she eventually gave up and let the blonde frizz cover her head once again. She smoothed her white shirt and turquoise jeans carefully, for when she swiped the black case that would contain the Aurora fossil, she needed to look like a normal tourist. She thought gleefully about how happy the Team Galactic admins would be when she stole the all-powerful fossil, almost daring to hope she'd become a admin herself after the mission. The new rumors that had spread along their criminal Cherubi line, that the barely surviving Team Rocket would also be making an attempt at stealing the precious fossil, but that didn't even make her flinch. Team Galactic was superior in every way. At least her organization was more creative and decided to dress her in civilian clothes, versus whatever over-the-top black uniform Team Rocket probably sent their minion in. It didn't matter what clothes she wore, because even if no one could tell, their colors represented Team Galactic. The team Cassandra knew would get the fossil.

Cassandra usually could hear and spot anything, but she didn't see or hear the fellow thief crawling through the bramble to the other side of the museum. This was surprising, considering how loudly Cassidy screamed as her bare skin became covered in red, thin scratches from the bramble she crawled through. She got into the best crouching position she could manage before beginning to pull burrs out of her black sweater. "Wear the sweater, they said," Cassidy muttered under her breath. "No one will see you in it, they said." She yelped as she pulled the last burr and started to try to clean off her black jeans, the thorns, leaves, twigs, branches, and grass not helping the pants with anything but being filthy. She laid there, her face in the bramble behind the science museum. She knew as she was laying there, that the torture of having the thorns scratching her hands, the torture of holding a pair of short-sighted binoculars with her cut-up hands would be over as soon as she swiped that fossil that her bosses wanted so badly. She could just picture Giovonni promoting her to a high-ranking position such as admin. Maybe second in command? She grinned despite the bushes in her face with the pride she had. She would steal the glorious Aurora fossil right under that museum's nose, and Team Rocket would shower her in their respect and money. Team Galactic? Please. She would earn that fossil before their hypocrite dummy even got there.

Both grunts gloried over sneaking into the museum and quickly taking the fossil off the reception desk. They could almost hear the bell they would ring at the desk as they swiped it for their leaders.

Ding! Ding! With the ringing of the actual bell bell interrupting the receptionist from her online book, she sighed and turned off her Pokédex to say her usual line.

"Hello, how can I help...." she cut herself off with the surprise of seeing Steven Stone right in front of her. He smiled as he pushed the locks of his steel-blue hair away from his face and placed a small, black suitcase on her pine reception desk.