Release

Newt promised.

He promised Minho he would try. But every passing day the pain only got worse. The little shred of sanity and happiness he had was slowly starting to rust away. He didn't want to feel this way.

He just wanted to be normal.

But hell, nothing about his life was normal.

He sighed and nuzzled his nose into Minho's muscular chest, strong arms tightening around his waist. He smiled softly, looking up at his boyfriend. He was smiling down at him, eyes tired but nonetheless happy. Did Newt really want to be the one to take that away?

He was the main reason Minho was so stressed; always so tired. He did nothing but disappoint everyone around him. Ruining everything good that has ever come his way. The people around him didn't deserve this.

He didn't deserve them.

"Get out of that head of yours." Newt flinched slightly, looking up at his concerned boyfriend. He smiled and placed a reassuring kiss onto his muscular chest, making Minho smile widely.

"I'm okay." Newt stated softly, nuzzling his face futher into the warm chest. Minho hummed in response, gently scratching Newt's scalp. "I love you." He cooed, smiling up at Minho.

Minho groaned. "Stop being cute." He lowered himself down until he was face to face with Newt, looking intensely into his eyes, searching. "If you want to talk about something you know you can always talk to me." Newt smiled and kissed his nose, giggling when Minho quickly turned his head to steal a kiss.

"I'm happy." Newt said reassuringly as Minho's hands found his waist, squeezing softly. Minho smiled softly, peppering small kisses onto Newt's face.

"That makes me happy to hear, baby."

×××

Newt lied.

He wasn't happy. He wasn't okay. Nothing was okay.

And he had the absolute nerve to lie to Minho. Lie to the other boys.

Lie to himself.

Maybe he should just accept that he will never be happy.

But seeing Minho so happy when he said that he was better, that was worth every ounce of pain he felt every day that passes in this cruel world. This cruel life.

But he'll keep saying he's okay just to see Minho smile, just to see that little speck of hope and happiness in his eyes. He'll keep saying he's okay just to see the ones he loves happy.

Even as he walks to the kitchen late at night, the shimmer of the knife drawing him in. The sharpness of it luring him to grab it and before he knew it, he was on the floor surrounded in a pool of his own blood, the pain never having felt more comforting before.

He was happy.