Jump

He was just tired of everything. He wasn't thinking clearly. The wall's ivy was so tempting, yet so brutal to look at. He didn't even remember when he started to climb it. He wasn't processing anything. He was sad. So very sad that he just didn't care. He needed something to help ease the pain of being stuck in these walls. He doesn't even know when he jumped. He felt nothing until he hit the ground. White hot pain shot from his toes all the way to his head. He cried out, breaths coming out rapidly as his vision began to get blurry. The smell of blood filled his senses and all he could think about at that very moment is that he failed.

He failed at killing himself.

He tried not to move because every time he tried the pain was so excruciating that he felt like he was going to pass out. Maybe if he stayed here the Grievers would get him. He'd be dead for sure. Newt's thoughts were interupted by a voice that was all too familiar to him.

"What the shuck did you do?" Newt opened his eyes only to see his best friend Alby gazing down at him with disbelief clear in his eyes. Newt opened his mouth to speak but the only sound that came out was a grunt. Something snapped in Alby and in the flash of an eye he was lifting Newt up into his arms, making him cry out in pain.

"Would you shut up? You're going to attract the Grievers." But Newt couldn't hear him, the pain in his leg becoming far too much to handle. Alby began to slowly jog back to the Glade, muttering small reassurances into Newt"s ear.

"This is going to hurt Newt, but I have to speed up if we're going to make it back." With that Alby broke out into a run. The action jostled Newt's leg and his cries started to get louder and louder, paining his friend with each cry or whimper. Once they made it back to the maze Alby began to yell loudly, calling for the Medjacks and lying Newt on the soft grass gingerly. A crowd started to form, Newt could hear their whispers and gasps. He must look like klunk. He felt hands touch him as they inspected his body.

"NEWT!" He knew that voice like if it were his own. But it was always so calm and collected. Now it sounded panicked and worried. He hates himself for being the reason to make that boy feel that way.

"Stay back." Alby snapped at Minho, sighing when the boy chose to ignore him and drop down next to Newt. Newt opened his eyes to find Minho's brown eyes looking back at him with concern. There were tears in his eyes and he was gripping Newt's hand tightly. The Medjacks were running their way to him.

"Don't touch him." Minho growled, shielding Newt's dainty body with his own broad shoulders. He glared at them, hands lightly touching Newt's waist.

"Minho we need to help him. We won't hurt him. Promise." Clint said desperately, but Minho wouldn't budge. Finally Alby and Nick grabbed him by his shoulders roughly, dragging him away from Newt. His threats and cries of protest fell upon deaf ears as he watched Newt cry out when they lifted his body on the stretcher. He fought as much as he could as other boys began to help holding him back. He needed to be with Newt. Newt needed him right now.

No one has ever seen Minho cry. Not once since he's been there. But that night he couldn't stop the tears.