Chapter 1

• Dedicated to Tarbear Hill

"JON"....no answer.

"JON" she screamed louder.... still no answer

"God Jon what are you doing" she yelled walking up the stairs.

She reached the top of the stairs turned right and stopped at the second door.

'Knock knock,' "Jon what the hell are you doing in there," she opened the door to find her teenage son lying on his bed with his laptop and headphones in.

"Mom what are you doing don’t you knock?" Jon said as he quickly closed his laptop and pushed it aside.

"Yeah actually I did twice after screaming for you a few times as well, what are you doing in here, everyone is waiting for you outside," Jon's mother said calmly with slight frustration in her voice and pointing over her shoulder at the wall.

"Oh sorry my music must have been to loud, what do you mean ‘everyone’ who all is everyone?” Jon questioned with a slight apologetic tone.

"Uh....you know I'm bad with names especially when they only come around to take you away," she said sadly as mothers do.

"Ok well then how many are out there and what do they look like?" Jon questioned somewhat snobby and sarcastically.

"Um there is a cute blonde girl and a girl with long brown hair and then there is that boy that looks like a punk."

As she described the people outside they could hear them saying, "Jon you in there, lets go man.”

"Ah ok yeah," Jon said sarcastically he opened up his laptop and shut it down he then put it under his bed and started to get up and walk to his closet, he paused and looked at his mom, "Do you mind, I want to get dressed here."

"Oh sorry honey, I’ll leave you alone now just make sure you say bye before leaving," she said turning around and starting to leave, as she got down stairs she went back to the door and looked out the window right next to it to see what Jon’s friends were doing.

As Jon came down the stairs he was wearing his black Tripp pants and black shirt, his hair was styled the way his mother hated, parted and covering his left eye but she let it slid because that was ‘the style’, and his green eyes were extra bright today. He was just an average teenager of average height and build but he looked as if he was extremely different, you could pick him out any crowd easily. As he walked to the door he slipped on his shoes and turned to his mother who was sitting on the couch trying to pretend like she watching TV but Jon knew she waiting for him to say bye.

"Bye ma," Jon said as he opened the door and started to walk outside.

"Bye, be safe, I love you sweetie," his mother said in a loving yet embarrassing motherly tone.

When Jon got outside his friends were giggling at him and mocking his mother. "Love you sweetie," said one of the boys in a mockingly tone.

The taller one of the boys was wearing a leather jacket that had spikes on it and baggy black pants with combat boots and a chain hanging from a belt loop to his wallet in his back pocket. He was taller than Jon by about a foot and was about a year older, he was of strong build and mild complexion. The girls were off to the side a little with little smirks on their faces because of what Zach said. The blonde girl had bright lust filled blue eyes and was about five feet tall, a little shorter than Jon, she had long blonde wavy hair that reached about her waist. She had small lips and a smooth looking face; she was wearing faded blue skinny jeans with holes in the knees and a white top with converse. The other girl was slightly taller than Jessie but not by much; she had very dark brown hair the reached about two inches below her shoulders and her hazel eyes where at the moment a greenish brown, she had soft lips that were the perfect size, not to big not to small. She was wearing a bright blue tank top and black skinny jeans held up by a Jack Skellington belt. "Shut up Zach,” Jon said, "Or I’ll call up your mom and tell her how much you miss her."