Chapter 2

Jon woke to the sound of the gate man unlocking the cell door. He rolled over to see the face of the man, it was a different man than the night before but that was to be expected, this man was about six foot seven and in much better shape than the man from last night. This officer was bald and had a strong facial structure; he looked more like a body builder than a typical policeman but he wore the uniform as well as a strict "don't fuck with me" expression on his face.

"Wake up, the detectives want some answers."

Jon pretended to be groggy and sat up slowly, "But mom I don't want to go to school today," he said with a half awake tone and rubbing his eyes messing with the officer.

The officer walked in and grabbed Jon's arm pulling him to his feet and said, "I am not your mother and you're in a worse place than school, so let's go." The officer still held Jon's arm and drug him to an interrogation room sat him in the chair and cuffed him to the table then went and stood by the door looking like a bodyguard at a V.I.P section of a club.

A man in a brownish suit walked in, he was clearly higher ranking, and he had a folder under his left arm and a nice watch on the same hand. His suit was fitting but a little sloppy as if he were trying to hide his weight in baggy clothing. He had short hair and a strong but slightly puffy face. He sat down and opened the file, the detective looked through the file at all the pictures and statements, taking his time trying to get Jon worked up. Finally the man leaned back in his chair and looked to the officer who was still standing at the door, nodded his head down slightly and the officer took that as "I got this" and left.

"So Jon, what exactly happened last night?" the detective said looking at Jon still leaned back looking comfortable

"Well I had a fun time, went to the lake with this girl had some fun then we walked home and I woke up here to your bodyguard dragging me in here and handcuffing me to a table," Jon exclaimed somewhat angrily.

The detective sat up in his chair and looked at Jon dead in the eyes, "You're going to be that guy. I've seen many people in here and the ones who start out like that ends up in prison, so ill let you try again." He leaned back in his chair again and got comfortable.

"Oh I'm sorry detective, I just don't like being drug out of bed and handcuffed to a table for no reason," still in an angered tone Jon leaned over the table when he said this. "If you really want to know what happened, how about you take these handcuffs off of me and get me something to drink, I'm really thirsty," Jon opened his mouth slightly.

The detective stood up and unlocked the handcuffs on Jon and sat back down, "There but we don't have anything for you to drink, now what happened?"

Jon rubbed his wrists and leaned back in the chair as the detective did earlier, "We were walking home from the lake and a white van pulled up out of no where, a man jumped out grabbed two of my friends shot the other and tried to shoot me too but I knocked one of the masked me on the head and then they sped off.” The detective leaned back in his chair as well as Jon and started talking. Jon's tone was one of unusually calm and cockiness.

"So your saying three random guys kidnapped and shot your friends and you're the only one left unharmed," the detective rubbed his chin in thinking.

"Yeah then I called the police for Zach and took off after the van, I got their plate number, then I returned to Zach and took him to my house. Cops came and you know the rest."

The detective still rubbing his chin sat up and looked at the mirror behind him then stood up and looked at Jon. He turned to walk out the door but stopped and sat on the table leaned over to Jon and whispered, "You're hiding something and I'm going to figure out what." He stood up again reached the door looked back at Jon and said, "You're free to go, but don't skip town." He opened the door and the bodyguard of a policeman came in to escort Jon outside.