I Can't Help It

Chapter 5. Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------

Another week has gone by. Another torturous week of hell. I'm surprised I made it through. All week I've constantly been listening to Rowen nag my ear off about last Friday. Yea, they still haven't made up. It's really annoying me. I just need a break.

"Hey, Cooper!" Preston came up behind me and almost gave me a heart attack.

"Jesus Christ, Preston! You must want me to die." I smirked as I put my chemistry book in my locker.

Closing it, we started walking out of school to my car. I was taking Rowen home today. Yay me .

"We should really get together sometime." Preston stated.

I didn't say anything for a second. "Yea, we should!" I exclaimed.

"What are you doing Saturday?" He questioned.

"Nothing. At all. Wanna hangout then?" I asked him.

He grinned, "yea! Just text me." And then we went our separate ways.

Rowen was waiting for me at my car.

"OH MY GOD, COOPER." She screams as loud as humanly possible.

"What now, Rowen?" I asked sighing. I'm never gonna hear the end of this shit.

"He is flirting with that stupid hoe. I mean, I'm better than-" I cut her off.

"Yes, Rowen. If you don't like it, dump him." I started the car and drove off.

Those 7 minutes were the longest 7 minutes of my freaking life.

"Out." I stated as I pulled into her drive way.

I had apparently cut her off as she stopped to collect her things. She was still talking and I rolled down my window so she would finish.

"Yeah." I stated.

"Mhhm." I rolled my eyes.

"I mean, come on. I'm better than her. I do so much for him-" she was trying to say.

"I don't care." I rolled up the window and backed up and drove off.

Lately, I'm so tired of people. Rowens nagging isn't helping. I know Ross was wrong but I'm tired of hearing it over and over again. I hope they make up soon.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I woke up to the blinding sun.

"Shit." I cursed getting up to close my blinds.

It was Saturday. I was going to hangout with Preston today. I wasn't sure when but it was already 11:30 so I thought around 1.

I sent him a quick text saying we could hangout at about 1:30. He replied shortly agreeing.

I put on my Hollister jean shorts, a blue blouse and my TOMS. I just left my hair wavy and grabbed my car keys and my wallet and headed out the door.

We agreed to meet at Starbucks. I got something and waited for him to arrive.

He arrived a few short minutes later.

He looked hot. His Abercrombie shirt was tight around his body showing his 6-pack. His jeans fit perfectly on his lower half. His dirty blonde hair tousled perfectly to the right. I can't deny he looked amazing.

"Hey, Coop." He called when he walked in.

I smiled In return. I always smiled around Preston. He's so sweet and cute.

Stop it, Cooper. He's just a friend.

"Hi." I stood up to hug him. He gladly returned it.

I pulled away and sat down. He smelled amazing. A mixture of his cologne and his shampoo. I think it was coconut. Whatever it was, he smelled wonderful.

"So, what's the plan?" Preston asked snapping me from my thoughts.

"It's whatever. I don't care." I stated suggestively.

He paused. All of the sudden, his face lit up like a little kid in a candy store.

"Come with me." He said looking me in the eye and waiting for my agreement.

"Okay..?" I questioned.

He grabbed my hand and drug me to his car. He unlocked it and hopped in. As did I.

"Where are we going?" I asked as he drove off leaving Starbucks behind us.

He turned to me and smiled. Then he grabbed my hand.

"You'll see." He winked and let go of my hand.

His hand was warm and big. Mine fit perfectly into his. I didn't want him to let go. I liked the feel of his warm skin on mine. I somehow felt better closer to him.

I didn't say anything, but just smiled as I put on my sunglasses and rolled my window down letting the warm air catch my hair, blowing it behind my shoulders. I felt relaxed.

Right now, there was no other place I'd rather be than with him.

I mentally slapped myself. I can't be thinking like this. He's only my friend. We only met a couple weeks ago.

This is bad.

But I can't help it.

-------------------------------------------

A/N: Ohhhh. Looks like there's something going on with Preston and Cooper, huh?(;

I just wanted to thank everyone who is reading this! It means a lot.

I know it's boring right now, but just wait. There's going to be a LOT of drama in the next few chapters.(;

Anyways ;

VOTE&&COMMENT (: