Time To Dance

Abby Lee Dance Company

Abby: “The group this week is contemporary. That means it’s gonna be all about your technique. Straight Legs and pointed feet. 

“Now walk, pretty, pretty, turn. Watch your feet Paige. Keep them pointed on those turns. Kendall watch your legs on that leap. Make it graceful. Brooke show emotion. Asia you got to keep up“ 

“Alright. The group is where I want it. Go get drink solos are next. Nia I want to work with you first…

Candy Apples Dance Center

Cathy’s POV:  Today we are having open auditions. We lost our team since nationals. I think I’m going to take really talented boys and girls. That should beat Abby’s little Pittsburgh team.

“Alright everybody. If you want to dance here than you have to impress me and my little girl Vivi. Dance for your lives.”

About 88 people enter the room where they will dance in front of Cathy and Vivi.

“Alright I want you to see how many turn sets you can do.”

#34 and #12  are the ones who stood out the most in the turns.

“Now how about acro tricks.

#1 does an excellent round off back handspring, chin stand and side/front ariel.

“Now I want you all to perform a combination of dance moves for me. Any style I don’t care. Show us what you got.”

Everyone in the room performed amazingly in Cathy’s eyes.

“Wow it’s gonna be hard for me to chose the 6 dancers I need. Please go sit in the dancer’s den and wait til I come announce who made the team.”

All the dancers left the studio to wait to see who made the team.

“Vivi who do you think?” Cathy said.

“Well I think #1, #34, and #12 should defiantly be on this team.” Said Vivi.

“I agree. I’m thinking about taking #9, #4, and #57. Cathy said.

“Okay well let’s go tell them.” Vivi said.

“ Congrats to #1 Jalen, #12 Victoria, #57 Taylor, #34 Brandon, #9 Mia, and #4 Zack. Thanks for coming out today.”

This should totally beat Abby’s team. Cathy thought to herself.