Chapter Two

Brent's house is on acres of land, you can see trees, hills, and clouds that last miles to the naked eye. The closest house is a mile in each direction. He lived in a small town in Alabama where there is only one stop light and three stop signs. You have to travel to the next town over to do anything and its a thirty minute drive to the closest hospital.

thirty-five minutes later the ambulance shows up followed by a fire truck. They race into the home to see if there is anything they can do to save him.

"where is he?" asked the young paramedic

"His room is the second one on the left, hurry please save my baby boy." Mary pleads.

Meanwhile Olivia is trying to get a hold of her mom in California. Took six tries to finally reach her mom Miranda.

"Olivia, sorry I was in a real estate meeting with some clients."

"Mama, hes gone." Olivia cries

"Babe he'll be back. He's probably just upset." Miranda comforts.

"No Mama, he's gone, he's not breathing." Olivia says.

"WHAT? What do you mean he's not breathing?" Screams Miranda.

Miranda pulls the car over so not to crash. Feeling helpless and unable to hold her baby to comfort her in this tragic time.

"He's dead Mama." 

"Oh my God, I'll be there as soon as I can. I'm leaving once I get home. I love you." Miranda says to Olivia.

"I love you too, Mama." Olivia hangs up the phone.