Chapter 7

Charlie couldn't breath, he couldn't think, he couldn't move.

The guards dragged him down the stairs, lifted him high enough to screw him inside the cage. Charlie then snapped his hands up and forcefully grabbed the guard's wrist. William hissed in pain and glared at the young boy.

"Tell the prince to bring my father's journal here." Charlie said in a firm and low voice.

"Who do you think you are? You are in no position to command me, you useless piece of trash." William barked out before he roughly pushed the hand away from him. His wrist had faint pink fingers printed on and William gently soothed the slight burning away.

"If I was in your place, I'd kept my mouth shut as you are no longer under the king's protection, boy." Oliver added before closing the and locking the cage.

"I am not an animal! The king said to lock me, not cage me up!" Charlie argued as he grabbed the bars and shook it violently. His back was starting to hurt and his neck began to sore from the uncomfortable angle.

"Throw another tantrum and I'll have to punish you, myself." Oliver replied with a low and dark tone.

Charlie had to bite his lips in order to shut the insults up - he had enough of everything and getting punished by a cold-hearted monster didn't seem pleasant, at the moment. He shifted around, trying to find the best spot for his sore neck.

"Bring the prince here." Charlie said again, his voice much softer and lighter.

"What did you say?" William asked after he turned on his seat and stared at the young boy with a slight frown.

"Please, bring the prince here." Charlie repeated with a shaky voice. He swallowed hardly as he saw Oliver stand up after throwing his cards on the small rounded table. The guard crouched down and stared straight into those pale gray eyes. He thought for a few seconds before standing up, with an wicked grin.

"Why?" Oliver replied with an unusual calm voice.

"Please, I really need to see him! I'm not going to ask him to defend me, I swear!" Charlie pleaded as he grabbed the bars and tilted his head even more in order to look up at Oliver who's smirk grew bigger and scarier.

"If I do so, what will you give me in return?" Oliver replied before taking his cards back and examined it.

"Oi, you cheated!" The guard suddenly exclaimed before grabbing William by the collar. He glared at his chuckling friend angrily before pushing him away. He took his cards back and gave a quick glance before walking toward William who cackled into a hysteric laughter.

"Please - Hey! Please!" Charlie yelled as they began to fight. William barely defended himself as Oliver lashed his anger out. Obviously, Oliver does have some serious anger issues. Charlie growled before he closed his eyes and attempted to calm down. He couldn't possibly grab their attention by yelling or throwing another tantrum: he'll be punished.

And so, after what felt like forever, the two useless guards were finally free. Oliver returned back to his seat with a dark mood while William straightened his suit back with a small grin. Charlie quickly tilted his head out and stared at William.

"Hey, what's your name?" Charlie whispered before glancing to Oliver who simply closed his eyes and leaned against the wall.

"Me? Call me William, boy." He replied with a low chuckle before sitting back to his seat. Fortunately, his seat was placed exactly in front of Charlie's cage and Oliver's one face the opposite.

"Please, William - sir, please, I beg of you, bring the prince here." Charlie begged again before he stared intensely in those brown orbs. William shook his head as he leaned closer, utterly curious.