Chapter [2]

Chapter 2

Without a word, Icee ignored all the curious glances of her classmates, left them behind and headed back to class. She just wanted to be alone.

The class was unusually quiet. And it was almost empty except for a couple of guys who did not leave the room at all. Icee wondered why, but she immediately withdrew her thoughts about her new classmates and focused on her phone instead.

She didn't realize she received a text message. She swiped open her phone and clicked the new text. Before she read it, she sat down in a random seat first.

Hey Icee. How's your new class? Do you want to meet up?

It was a text from a guy. Zach. She and Zach were kind of like close friends before Zach pursued her. But until now, she hadn't said yes to him. Zach was her classmate before; he's a student from the first section.

A week just before the first day of school started, Zach and Icee met up. Zach wanted to confront Icee about this affair which was about another guy who's supposedly courting her too. Icee didn't deny anything, it made Zach mad to the point that he accused Icee of being a whore and called her a slut.

And that was the end of everything they had and the possibility of they could have been. It wasn't her fault that another guy liked her. Too bad that Icee doesn't like any of them. Icee kind of thought that everything ended, until the recent text she just received.

Icee snapped out of her thoughts when the group of guys inside the room laughed simultaneously. She sent them a glare just as one of them glanced at her. The guy elbowed another one of his friend and shushed him.

When the all the laughing ceased, the guy just gave a tight smile and muttered a silent sorry to Icee. She was suddenly confused. The guy looked genuine when he apologized. But she dismissed the thought and stood up to meet with Zach and end everything, once and for all.

"The class is going to start soon, where are you going?" the guy asked. This made everyone inside the room, their group of boys and some girls in the corner, look at her curiously.

"None of your fucking business," Icee sharply said. The reply was so unexpected that it swiped the smile off the guy's face. Icee stood still for a moment when she realized that she blurted it out loud and then hurriedly went out of the room out of guilt.

The guy was harmless and she just made him feel bad. And now she feels bad because the guy felt bad because of her.

Icee went straight to Zach's hideout, which only both of them knew where it was. It was the big tree behind the school that no one really goes to because of a myth that said there were ghosts there.

Icee hurriedly ran to the tree. There were only minutes left 'til the second bell will ring and she didn't want to leave a bad impression to the next subject teacher. She didn't want to be part of that section. She didn't want to be labeled as a troublemaker. But when the bell rang, she knew it was inevitable.

She slowed down her pace knowing that she was already late. Even if she hurried, there would be no use. She reached the tree, only to find out that Zach has already left, minutes before the second bell rang. Icee began regretting her decision on meeting Zach.

She sighed wistfully and then headed back to the room. She could only wish that the next subject teacher was a mild one, or maybe he or she was absent. She was surprised when she found Aaron in front of the door, as if he was waiting for her.