Black Widow

It was rumored that Natasha Romanoff (Romanova) was somehow related to the last ruling czars of Russia, but was never proven. Nothing else was known about her prior to World War II.

Nazis set the building Natasha was in on fire in Stalingrad, and her mother threw her out the window to a Russian soldier before dying in the fire. The soldier's name was Ivan Petrovitch, and he watched over Natasha for her entire life, remaining by her side as her chauffeur.

While under Ivan's protection, many adversaries attempted to attack her. Baron von Stucker abducted Natasha and presented her to the Hand in Madripoor. There, she was to become their Master Assassin until Captain America, Logan, and Ivan saved her.

As Natasha grew and matured, she proved to be an amazing athlete and scholar, while gaining distinction in the USSR as a ballerina. Eventually, she was arranged to marry Alexi Shostakov, a distinguished Soviet test pilot.

However, a revised, retconned origin establishes her as being raised from very early childhood by the U.S.S.R.'s "Black Widow Ops" program, rather than solely by Ivan Petrovitch. Petrovitch had taken her to Department X, with other young female orphans, where she is trained in combat and espionage at the covert "Red Room" facility. There, she is biotechnologically and psycho-technologically enhanced-an accounting that provides a rationale for her unusually long and youthful lifespan. During that time, she had some training under Winter Soldier and the pair even had a short romance. Each Black Widow is deployed with false memories to help ensure her loyalty. Romanova eventually discovers this.

Personal:

Name: Natalia "Romanoff" Alianovna

Citizenship: Russian

Universe: Earth

Occupation: Assassin before Avengers/Intelligence Operative

Pysical:

Gender: Female

Height: 5'7

Weight: 133 lbs

Eye color: Blue

Hair color: Red

Power Attributes: Fighting Skills