Memories

Mia's POV:

"Mmmmmm... The coffee here is so amazing, I'm gonna miss it", I said taking a few more large sips from the cup. It was Friday and I was with my best friend since childhood Annabella Lyons or as I've always called her Annie. We had decided that since we would probably never see the town where our university was anymore we should go out and make the most of it. We always did love going out into this peaceful little town, it was defiantly not as great as the streets and markets of SoHo but it made up for it with the peace and relaxation that we could get from being here. We were sitting on an outside table the place where we usually sit and chat about all sorts of gossip and rumours about our little group of friends but I had a feeling that those days were soon coming to an end.

"Okay I have one word for you", she said putting down her coffee cup and leaning her chin on her fist. "Dario".

I sighed and sighed again. "Yeah I had feeling you would say that", I said with an annoyed look settling on my face. Dario the ex-boyfriend that went too far too quickly.

"M, it's okay if you don't want to tell me why the two of you broke up just yet", a worried look settled onto her face now.

"No, no I'm fine now in fact I've been wanting to tell you for a bit now", I drank up all of the coffee that remained and pushed the cup to the side. Annie peer in closer and I began my anecdote. "It was a few days before Ryan's party. Me and him were just chilling in his apartment and...

*Flashback*

"Wow she actually did it?" He started to cringe as I was telling him about the time two girls had a fight over a boy in my collage years.

"Yeah it was so rude of her, that poor girl didn't even deserve-" I was cut off by his laughter. I can't believe he is laughing I mean yeah it was pretty stupid of them to fight like that in the first place but they both really got hurt that day and not just physically since the guy ended up never talking to either of them again. He was still laughing at is point and I kissed my teeth and thought to myself "boys...". I just brushed it off because that's all i could do.

Dario looked down at me and smirked. "I'm gonna go get some snacks and stuff, why don't you set up something to watch on netflix?" I nodded and he went off into the kitchen.

I turned on the smart TV and opened the Netflix app, "wow TV's have gone so advanced" i thought. Going on Netflix, i browsed through the categories when i saw my favourite TV show  Pretty Little Liars. I thought to myself "it would be so good if he would watch this with me, too bad he has no sense of romance". But before i could say anymore i smelt that amazing freshly lit aroma. Turning around to see Dario lighting a few candles with a match stick and quickly flicking it out. "Okay maybe i'm wrong... i hope so" i thought to myself blissfully.

<----------------------------------->

We ended up watching a horror movie. I wasn't surprised. Like he would ever actually watch a romantic movie with me. I sighed, by now the candles were starting to burn out and the room was getting darker since they were the only source of light apart from the TV. The movie we were watching was just your typical slasher horror, i never found horror movies really scary mainly due to the fact that this guy makes me watch them all the time. The credits on the movie started to roll and i felt his hand on my shoulder. At first i thought he was trying to scare me but i knew he wasn't that much of jerk. Turning my head towards him i saw something that was truly starting to terrify me. He had this look of his face it wasn't happy or sad but neutral as if he was in some kind of devilish trance. As he came closer to me he tried to push me down onto the worn couch we were on. What was he doing?! "Stop..." i groaned as he stared down at me.

"Come on Mia, we've been dating for almost 2 years, we should at least try it once", he muttered with a tone of desperation in his voice.

My hand went in the air and before he could react i slapped my hand across his face and he fell off of me onto the floor.

"No, I've told you so many times. Again and again. I don't want to do that kind of thing until marriage", I shouted. I cant believe he actually tried to do this. He was going to rape me if i hadn't done anything. "You know what? Just forget about me!" I picked up my handbag and stormed out of his apartment. "I cant believe i ever trusted a guy like that. I can't believe this!" I whimpered.

That night i was broken. I couldn't sleep for hours until i finally succumbed to crying myself to bed.

A/N: Hey guys! I want to make my chapter shorter because i don't really think people are enjoying these longer chapter. They are a pain to read and continue reading on from if you have to stop reading mid chapter. So expect shorter chapters more updates and don't worry its getting good...