Chapter 3

"Welcome back!" The most horrible sign I have ever seen. Sadly it didn't add, "Welcome back! Ready for tons of drama?" You'll get that part later.

As I entered I saw a bunch of unfamiliar faces, good looking faces as I may add. I walked along with the crowd and heard a few girls gawking at someone, "Oh my God! Ang pogi niya talaga. Shet!" Then the other one said, "Ang puti! Ang gwapo! Ang tangkad!" I was curious so I looked at where they were looking at. Then I saw him.

"Hm. Naglalakad na espasol." I leaned in closer, "Naka shades pa. Wow ah."

I had no interest whatsoever about this espasol, frankly because I have another boy in mind. His name is Joseph. He was one of the bad boys and my friends rarely even know why I liked him. But to be honest, even I don't know. I got back my conscience when someone poked me, "Ellie?" I turned around.

To my surprise, it was.. "Beezus!" Beezus was a friend of mine for a long, long time. She's a shy and quiet type of girl who'd rather sit and read a book. "Grabe! Highschool na tayo! I just can't believe it!"

Even I can't too. Parang, ang bilis bilis ng oras, na nakakatakot! We went straight to our classroom which was on the second floor. Nangangatog na pumasok, "Hi." Was all I can say. They all looked at me and smiled. I was really shy (at first) because my other two bestfriends left our school, namely, Fione and Mimi.

I sat down in front, was shy but a bit brave to sit there.

"Hi! Ako si Jayson." I heard my seatmate say. Smiling, "Hello. Ako si Ellie.." And our convo has ended. I was never great at keeping up conversations especially from the ones I barely know until I felt something touch my shoulder.

"Ellie!!" And my guess was right, it was my crazy friend, Chantel. "Chantel! Kamusta?" She marched down front.

"Ayos lang! Ba't nasa unahan ka? Tahimik mo ata." I laughed, "Eh dito 'ko napunta eh." I was glad to finally have someone to talk to but unfortunately, our teacher stepped in.

She looked pretty actually. Average weight and height. Her name was Teacher Janet, seems nice too. "Good morning class!" She bolted out. The class politely greeted back, except for one at the back.

"Good morning ma'am!" A voice I heard that came from the back. A manly voice. I turned my head just like how everyone did, and to my surprise, "Ha! Kaklase pala natin to." I whispered to no one in paticular. He still wore the shades and that bright smile of his. Yet, to my naked eyes he's still some espasol with shades.

Our teacher smiled, as if charmed by this boy, and complimented him. "Kapogi pogi naman nito." Which in my opinion, not really.

I searched the room for that one boy I can lay my eyes on forever. Joseph. And there he was, just a few chairs away from me. Laughing, looking so bad boy-ish. He was tall, dark and well for me, handsome. He was nice to girls, sometimes.

"Ellie!" So I had a few bestfriends still left, Amber and Margaux. Amber was the boyish kind of girl and Margaux was the mysterious goth one. "So, canteen tayo?" We had this thing that we always eat at the canteen, they told me it was fun but in my perspective I just really wanted to glance at my second crush. "Nasaan kaya si Gab?" I asked.

They looked at me with wide eyes, "Seriosly Ellie? Crush mo pa rin siya?" Well, I can't help it. He's cute, tall and well looks like another celebrity I was crushing on.

"Oo naman. Nasan kaya siya?" Remember one of those movies na when the girl turns around her hair flips, well mine flipped in ketchup. Specifically, in a dip of fries. And I turned around cos,

"Hey guys! O, san tayo uupo?" Cos of that. It was Gab. "Woah, pare wait lang." He rushed to the food stand and got caught up with the other students. "Honey I'd get squished to you anytime."

"Baliw! Halika na nga HAHA" Amber grabbed my hand and pulled me outside the canteen. "Daming tao." She hissed. "Eh san tayo? Nakakalungkot no, wala sina Fione and Mimi."

It was actually really sad. I mean, Amber had this monstrous laugh and Mimi's way of annoying me may sting sometimes but I'll still miss it everyday.

We went back to the classroom, and I realized I had some candies left. "Gusto niyo ng potchi?" My classmates came rushing, but my eyes stared at Joseph who said, "Yes! Penge." I placed the bag of candies at a chair and brought one for Joseph. But it was the LAST candy.

I opened it, "Hala! Kambal HAHA" And the first thought popped in my head: meant to be kame shet! "Hati tayo." He said, laughing while everyone else was teasing.

And that's how the Potchi thing started.