(5) Do You Feel That?

Hue hue hue I love prompts.

I JUST REALIZED THIS COULD BE A LATE HALLOWEEN UPDATE AHHAHA IM SO SMART

***__***

"Okay. So, it took a lot of convincing, but we...are finally here....with-" Mark jumped into the frame you were already in, knocking over and unplugging the floorlamp in the process. The room went instantly dark, and you shrieked, trying to find the flashlight. Mark found it first, shining it under his chin and revealing that he was sprawled across the board on the floor with a cord wrapped around his legs. "What was I saying?" He asked you, exaggerating a cocked eyebrow. You shrugged with a muffled 'I don't know' sound. He sighed.

"Telling the viewers what we're doing," You answered to interrupt his huff.

"Oh! Yes. Exactly." He sat up and started unwrapping his legs. "I'm here with (YouTube/name) and we're gonna play around in the spirit dimension with-" Mark twisted to look at you.

"A Ouija board! Whoo!" You cheered in faux excitement. "Which I hate you for, by the way."

"You'll get over it. Anyway, demons." Mark pulled some candles and matches out of seemingly nowhere and arranged them on the floor. Your nerves increased with each new candle lit. All too soon he was done, and he looked at you comfortingly before flicking off the flashlight.

"So, for those of you who don't know, even though I have no idea how you don't know, Ouija boards are fairly simple. You put your fingers on the weird triangle piece and don't move it. When you call out to the spirits, they supposedly move the piece over the letters to answer your questions."

"But you have to be careful, because demons and evil spirits like to talk to you through these boards and pretend to be nice." You glared at Mark when he said that, which he responded with a goofy grin.

"Yeah. Anyway, I have no idea why I agreed to this, but I did, so onward! To our untimely deaths!" You proclaimed. Mark laughed and put his fingers on the triangle piece, and you did the same.

"You start."

"No."

"C'mon, (Y/n)-"

"I'm not going to start talking to a demon. Either you start or I'm gone." Tense with fear, you avoided looking at him. You knew he had an amused expression that you didn't think you could stomach.

"Alright, alright, fine. I'll start." He cleared his throat and put on a very serious face. "Oh, mighty spirits of the beyond, are you here? If you are, I just wanna say holla."

"Holla?" You asked.

"Holla." Mark responded, dead serious. Uncomfortable, you shifted your weight and looked around.

"Spirits?" You called out softly after a while. "Yoo-whoo..."

"Let's try this again. If you are in here, please let us know. You can say anything. Anything at all." The two of you waited for a while in a long silence. Just as you were about to give up, the piece started moving. Swallowing your panic, you looked at Mark. He was concentrating hard on the board.
"Y." He muttered as the piece slowly inched towards another letter. "O. U." He glanced at you quickly.

"You." You breathed.

"T...w...o..."

"Two..." The piece started steadily picking up pace.

"S...h...o...u...l...d...t...o...t...a...l...l...y...d..." You stared at the piece and noticed something.

"...a...t...e..." The piece stopped, but you were already looking at Mark. He lifted his head in confusion. "Did you see what the spirit said?"

You blew out the candles and grabbed a pillow. Mark flicked on the flashlight. "Your fingers were tense."

"And? (Y/n), were you possessed?" He gasps, scrambling for the board. You lifted it away from him.

"Mark! You were moving the piece!"

"No, I....I didn't....I wouldn't...It was a ghost. A ghost thinks we should totally date. It was a correct ghost." He tried to look innocent, but when you turned on the floor lamp after plugging it back in, he lost it. You sighed. Almost as suddenly as he started, he stopped.

"What's wro-" You started to ask, but he shushed you.

"Can you feel that?" He asked gravely. Instantly the hairs on your neck stood up and you shivered.

"Feel...what...?" You asked. Silence.

Then Mark took a deep breath and sang, "CAN YOU FEEL THE LOVE TONIIIIIGHT!"