Chapter 2

Lydia POV.

I woke up the next morning with a huge headache, it felt like I was kicked in the head or something…oh wait I was. Once I got up I went to the bathroom.  I took off my pajamas, put on some music and got in the shower.  After awhile the song LittleThings by One Direction came on and I started to cry. That song saved my life awhile back and every time I hear it I remember that day.  After I got out of the shower I went back in my room and put on this http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=84179092 and then went down stairs got my keys and left for school.  Today was the last day before summer break and I was so happy yet so sad. The reason why I was so sad is because that means I would have to be in the house all day with my dad when I wasn’t at work, I was truly scared for my life because this year my dad has gotten more abusive because he lost his job.  Once I got to the school Emma was standing at her car waiting for me to drive in.  Emma has been bullying me since 3rd grade, to be honest I never knew why she started bullying me, I was always nice to her, I guess she just hated me.  I parked my car and looked at my phone for the time, 7:30 am “damn, I’m early” I said as I slid my phone into my back pocket.  I hated being early because I always got beat up before the bell and I always had to tell my teachers some excuse so Emma and her friends wouldn’t  get in trouble.  I got out of my car and started walking toward the school.  “Hey worthless piece of shit, come here…Now” I hear Emma say as was just a few feet of the school. I turned around to see what she wanted, I knew it was a mistake because once I turned around she threw her hot tea at me and it burned so bad. “Maybe you should watch were your walking next time, so that won’t happen again. “ Emma said while walking away laughing.  To be honest, I was surprised she didn’t do more like normal, maybe it’s just because it’s the last day.  As I got to my homeroom my teacher asked what was on my sweater and I simple said I spilled my tea and she just shook her head and looked back down.  The bell started ringing about 20 minutes later.  Student soon started walking in laughing and talking about their plans for the summer, after I was sitting their reading my book for about 10 minutes,  this girl turned around and said “ Why are you wearing a sweater on the last day of school, it’s like 1000 degrees in here” she said while giving me a nasty look.  I knew why I was wearing it, it was because I didn’t want to show off the fresh cuts from the night before but I told her it was just because I was cold and she cocked her eyebrow at me and then turned around. 

LATER THAT DAY…“Attention students, this is your principle Mr. Cook.  I just want to say quick goodbyes to all are seniors this year. We will miss all of you dearly.  I hope you all have a great and safe summer. Goodbye.” Once the announcement was over the finally bell rang and everyone ran out of the school as fast as they could, I on the other hand took my time to put my books in my bag and go to my car.  I got back to my house when I hear a noise coming from inside, I started getting scared.  As soon as I opened the door the women from last night ran out. ‘Oh shit, that isn’t good’ I thought to myself as I started walking in. “Why the fuck do you ruin everything Lydia? You had to ruin your mothers and my marriage, and now that woman who just left, yea probably because of you too…” as he said that I grabbed me by my arm and pushed me to the floor. “You know your mother wanted to give you up for adoption when you were born but I said no, but know I wish I did.  But you know what’s better than that? Answer me bitch” as he said that he hit my head with a vase from the hall table. “w-what?” I say trembling at what he will say next. “It means that I can watch you die.” “what doe…” I was about to finish what I was going to say when he pulled out a gun and pointed it at my head. While he had the gun pointed at my head I realized I left the door open and I knew what I was going to do.  I took a deep breath and got up and kicked my dad in a very bad place and he fell to his knees in pain.  Once he was down I grabbed my bag and ran to my car and drove away.  After what seemed to be years I pulled over and began to cry. “Why does everyone hate me? What have I done? When I was younger my parents actually loved me...and now my mom’s gone and my dad wants to kill me.” I was crying my eyes out in the car and talking to myself.  After a couple minutes I got out of my car and walked over to the coffee shop on the corner of the street.  I walked in and went to the counter and ordered some tea. After I got my tea I sat at an empty table and took a deep breath and began to cry again in till I looked up and this boy was looking at me.