Preface

I've always been told that I'm a good listener. I think that is what helped me make my decision about becoming a therapist at such a young age. Friends would come to me with their problems and I felt happy knowing that I helped them. They were happy too.

Let me introduce myself though. My name is Lindsey Ellen Booth. Most of my friends call me Leb as a nickname. I graduated high school a year early and then got my degree two years later. I'm only twenty-two.

I have bleached hair with light blue highlights. I prefer to keep it pulled back in a ponytail, but it comes down past my shoulders. My eyes are green. I'm about five and a half feet tall. I don't consider myself chubby; more average than anything.

My job as a therapist can be stressful, but I enjoy it. I have what most would consider the "inside scoop" on the secret lives of celebrities. I've lost count of the number of magazines and individuals who contacted me just to get information. Learning from this experience, I change my business number often. I have my personal phone, but it rarely rings. I don't have many friends here in Los Angeles.

I started this job with office hours, but I learned quickly that that was not going to work. I need to be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week if I want to really help my clients. Like I said, I work from home. I live in a two-bedroom apartment in Los Angeles. One bedroom is mine. The other is my office slash spare bedroom for when someone decides to stay through the night. That happens more often than you think.

I keep talking about my client list, but let me elaborate on that. I started out as a therapist for anyone, really. It was when my first celebrity client, Demi Lovato, came to me that I knew I wanted to become a specific type of therapist. I believe that I did help her through a rough time and before I knew it, she had referred a friend to me. That was how I met Selena Gomez. And occasionally I see Taylor Swift. Miley Cyrus was a one-time session. Hey, you can't help them all. Sometimes completely reinventing yourself is the only way that can help. 

Soon, my client list was up to eight celebrities.

The most recent added to my list is pop star Justin Bieber. In our over-the-phone consultation, he was reluctant and denying he needed any help. I wasn't surprised; most of them are like that. I knew what he was going through though; Selena still talks to me about their relationship. I knew that I could help him so I gave him my number and address, told him to stop by if he ever needed someone to talk to.

I didn't imagine in my two years of doing this job that someone could be so affected mentally, physically, and emotionally. Hearing what I hear on a daily basis now, I needed someone myself to talk to.

I hope you can help me.

***

Hey there! I hope you enjoyed this first short part. Please let me know what you think. I will try my best to update once a week, but no promises.